Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 122946 times)

wizard nelson

Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2015, 09:51:56 PM »
I saw a mention of one in a Reddit thread and I was understandably skeptical. Figured it couldn't hurt to check it out.
Iirc there is one that implies what mattered in that sanctum invocation was Harry's blood. And ya know, it was originally Merlins baby, so rites of inheritance may be in play.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2015, 10:03:01 PM »
Iirc there is one that implies what mattered in that sanctum invocation was Harry's blood. And ya know, it was originally Merlins baby, so rites of inheritance may be in play.
Nothing like that that I can recall or find right now, but that's far from definitive...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2015, 01:34:52 AM »
Jim does say something about the blood being important, but he says so in a way that suggests it's part of the act of sacrifice, rather than that heredity makes any kind of difference.  "Gave Demonreach blood" is different than "Gave Demonreach his blood."

Offline Lash Dresden

• Posty McPostington
  • Loneliness or solitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2015, 05:41:29 AM »
Quote from: WoJ
Gave him a name and /blood/.

From here.

Everyone on this earth wants to feel like they matter.

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2015, 08:03:12 PM »
Need a WoJ. He's asked about things/people not being what they first appear to be and he says something to the effect that there are a number of things/people that aren't what they appear to be... and suggests that we might find some of these out in the future.

A link to that comment would be very useful.
TY
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

wizard nelson

« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
With all these plots that are going on, with Mab and Lea obviously playing games against one another, with archangels sticking there nose in, with vague supernatural entities that live on islands, how are all these conflicting interests, where Dresden’s getting pulled in different directions by all of them, how are they going to play out in the future?

I know that a lot of the folks that are generally perceived as bad guys aren’t necessarily, there are several who are currently perceived as good guys who aren’t necessarily, and we’ll continue to have those fall out over the next several books
it's in reply number 11, future DF works in the main transcript page.

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »
it's in reply number 11, future DF works in the main transcript page.
That's one I hadn't seen. I was thinking of another one, in a video I saw where he's being asked -- I think it's about Mac's 'secret identity' -- and he gets a little evasive and smirks a bit as he admits that there are several characters running around that aren't all they seem.

I mean, this one is good, and thank you...but it's not what I was looking for.
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline HighLife

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2015, 05:33:58 PM »
I thought I saw something about a WOJ stating that Harry was planning on keeping Bonnie away from Bob. I've tried searching the forums and came up blank. Anyone know if this is a thing?

Offline Highter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2015, 10:25:01 PM »
Hello guys. I used the search function in the forum and google to try to find a topic about Harry's guitar playing skills, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if such a topic exists? Would it be okay to create one and talk about if it will show on future books?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2015, 10:34:22 PM »
I thought I saw something about a WOJ stating that Harry was planning on keeping Bonnie away from Bob. I've tried searching the forums and came up blank. Anyone know if this is a thing?
It was extremely recent, something to the effect that he'd have a traditional Father-holding-a-shotgun conversation with bob at some point.  Iirc it was because she already has waaay more knowledge than she knows how to manage responsibly, and Bob is not a good role model for Responsible. 

Hello guys. I used the search function in the forum and google to try to find a topic about Harry's guitar playing skills, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if such a topic exists? Would it be okay to create one and talk about if it will show on future books?

First:  Welcome to the Forums!
Second:  I dont think so, not currently.  The forum has an auto-delete feature that cleans out old threads periodically, depending on the sub-board.
Third:   Certainly!  Sounds intriguing. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Sue

• Conversationalist
  • Words, once printed, have a life of their own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2016, 04:30:43 AM »
*wave* HI ... What is the latest word on a date for "Peace Talks?"
ALL the Gods should be honored, you never know which one is listening …

│▒│ /▒/
│▒│/▒/
│▒ /▒/─┬─┐
│▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐┘┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒│
☮*☮*☮*☮*☮

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2016, 04:42:54 AM »
Jim is writing it. No date so far.

You may be interested in this: http://www.jim-butcher.com/faq/upcoming-works
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline mattig89ch

• Conversationalist
  • Sharp as a Marble! Black as a Marshmallow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »
I was just looking for that info, thanks dina

Edit: also, I'm I heard tell of someone linking a youtube video around here.  The video contained 20ish minutes of the TV show bob being snarky towards folks.  Could I get some help finding that topic?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:15:31 PM by mattig89ch »

Its not paranoia, its common sense.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2016, 03:42:51 AM »
I'm trying to find a recent topic in which there's a WoJ that the Jotunn were the previous defenders of the Outer Gates. Anyone know where I can find either the topic or better yet the youtube video or AMA where Jim says it?

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2016, 03:46:08 AM »
I'm trying to find a recent topic in which there's a WoJ that the Jotunn were the previous defenders of the Outer Gates. Anyone know where I can find either the topic or better yet the youtube video or AMA where Jim says it?
It's a common working theory around here that the Jotunn were the previous defenders of the Outer Gates, but I doubt it's been confirmed by WoJ.  It would have made a big splash in the threads that hasn't happened.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill