Author Topic: Haunted House Help  (Read 1092 times)

Offline amberpup

• Participant
    • View Profile
Haunted House Help
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:00:15 AM »
Normally for Halloween, I do something special game-wise. Last year it was a zombie attack masquerading as some guys doing the Thriller Dance. This year it was going to be a Fae Haunted House, but due to campaign events, it got pushed back to this weekend. And while I have some ideas, I won't mind some help with some more ideas to varies rooms. As to the lay-out, I'm going to use the Andrew Carnegie House (in New York City) as my floor plans.

As to the foreshadowing, recent events saw five Summer Maidens kidnapped and brought to the Mortal World (i.e like in Richelle Mead's Thorn Queen). The group connected a Laderer of the named Wade from the Summer Court for some info, which he give;

“But dark whispers have been heard, and the Queen is concerned. She did command the Summer Home be unbound so the loses be recovered.”

“Once in your realm, the Summer Home be calling. The Lost, the Seekers, of the Innocent, and the Aroused. All be finding the Yew Doors, finding their way in. Caught till Never comes a-calling. Maze of greens be a-grabbing, till nothing is left but bones.”

Ok, not the greatest foreshadowing but I work better under pressure. Since the haunted house does have a presents in NeverNever even when in the mortal realm, the rooms could pretty much be anything from a grassy field to... well, almost anything.

Here was something I wrote earlier, but yet to give to the group.
"Summer House: can only replace a building that has both trees in front and is in some state of disrepair. It appears on sunrise and leaves at sunset, taking all within back to NeverNever to whatever fate awaits. In the front room, is a elder tree large and ample, it's black berries taste like wine. For the elder tree is one of beginning, or ending, and used in many rituals demand the same. Yet upon stairs of pine, where your guilts will become real, to rooms above of Oak and Birch. Rooms to test, force and faith. Fir and Elm, do next come. To where one's feet come, and where do they go. In the cellar you will find Holly, the room that does await all mortal kind. And off the first, is Maple and Willow, for the riches and world. And in each room there is a mirror, framed in yew, that does question and does answer, does riddle and taunt till the sun falls for another day."

Any ideas, suggestions?