Author Topic: insperation has gone  (Read 4584 times)

cenwolfgirl

insperation has gone
« on: October 29, 2012, 02:08:47 PM »
um i am stuck
i have no inspiration or motiation to do anything but mostly to write
any ideas? or advice please!?!

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Re: insperation has gone
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:35:00 PM »
um i am stuck

My sympathies.

What sometimes helps me in situations like that is to pick an image or a lyric or even a plot element from one of my favourite songs and see whether I could plug it in to a story.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »
thanks nuero

hum more excuses to watch youtub videos
could be fun

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »
good time to edit.

side note: At recent conference, editor from Dial Books/Penquin imprint told us that once the house has your manuscript--it's only half way through the manuscript editing process. Good God, this writing really is a marathon, isn't it?  So edit, edit, edit AND STUDY, READ, ADVANCE YOUR WRITING SKILL SET.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »
ugh but the only thing i have to edit is so bad i am not shore its worth the space on my laptop that it takes up *makes a face* its so horrable and cringe worthy

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
okay one of my short stories that is worth calling a peace of writing has been fully edited and spell checked
what can i do now?
thank you people who follow me on twitter for the spelling help!!

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »
I have to second the edit, edit, edit suggestion. When I'm stuck or can't find the motivation to do something, I usually pick up something really cringe-worthy and go about making it better. Sometimes, in the process of improving something so obviously bad I find the missing motivation and am able to get back to it.

Of course, Neuro's suggestion is also good. I've never tried it before. But what I do is to pick up a book by one of my favourite authors from my bookshelf and read a random passage. Sometimes that helps to bring me back on track. Other times, I have to pick another passage to read. In such cases, I read passages until I'm ready to get back to it. I have never had to read more than 4 passages before the missing motivation comes back. :)

All the best!
Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 11:38:57 PM »
um i am stuck

I don't know what you're working on, but for me, I like to universe build.  When I get hung up writing story, I go and develop more backstory for the world I'm creating.  My work is set in an alternate Earth, so I like to think of things that have happened there that didn't happen here, or maybe happened differently.

If you're writing something in a completely different world, you can go and create a background mythos completely unrelated to your story.  A mythological land that over time is only mentioned in myth and legend, similar to Atlantis to our world.  Then you have a basis for a different story, that can be established by a single one-liner delivered in your primary story.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 08:20:14 PM »
wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy
why why why why why is it when ever i get a good idea i get stolen in to RL to do manditory things that most visually impared teenagers have to do or go tot he hospital
like go to school or meet mobilaty workers or do homework and no matter how hard i try i always come back to my laptop and i can never remember the brilent idea
WWWWWHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 02:48:56 AM »
wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy
why why why why why is it when ever i get a good idea i get stolen in to RL to do manditory things that most visually impared teenagers have to do or go tot he hospital
like go to school or meet mobilaty workers or do homework and no matter how hard i try i always come back to my laptop and i can never remember the brilent idea
WWWWWHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

This sort of thing is why I never go anywhere without a notebook and pen any more. Not even to sleep.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 11:53:01 AM »
i have a note book on my desk
but i can not take it every where with me
i rely should start though

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 01:26:38 PM »

Really small ones that fit in a pocket are a good plan. Some of them are very cute too.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »
curently i have an A4 not pad
a small one sounds much more practical

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 07:11:35 PM »
Or if you have your phone with you and it's a "smart" phone, that works great for taking (short) notes. I do that with my phone all the time. Or you could just send yourself an email (from the phone, if you have internet on the phone) with the idea you had.

Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »
can not have phone in lessons but i do have an app that lets me type notes hum