Author Topic: MisCon Missoula, MT Jim is GOH!  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
MisCon Missoula, MT Jim is GOH!
« on: October 10, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »
Anyone on the forum going to MisCon or has been before?  I've never been to MT and am getting older every day, so I decided, why not?  I really really enjoy hearing both Jim & Shannon talk about their work and treasure the handmade glass bookmark I got from Shannon @ MarsCon.  So I've registered for MisCon & have a room @ host hotel.  Would love to hear from folks about the great stuff to do @ MisCon, and see if anyone is interested in getting together for a Jim fan dinner (or knows if one has been arranged).  Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:06:28 AM by Priscellie »
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline Kagehiru

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: MisCon Missoula, MT Jim & Shannon Butcher, GOH!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:31:40 PM »
If I hadn't moved to Seattle I would have gone to MisCon this next year.  That said, it's a pretty area and has the usual set of attractions you would find in a college town. Make sure you bring a decent coat, though, as at that time of the year you could still see some(no more than a couple feet  ;D) snow and/or cold weather.  It's kind of variable that way.

Offline Heartsonycgr

• Conversationalist
  • Not quite as old as ancient Mai...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
Thanks!
Milo, where's the Tollbooth?  Love, Tock.
Twitter: @Heartsonycgr

Offline BFinnigan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:30:08 AM »
I live one state below Missoula and have been to MisCon the last three years, the last two as a presenter PRO.  Its an event of about 1000 attendees with continual board games, role playing, and panel discussions over 4 days.   All the hotels are a sidewalk away.  I'll definitely be attending this year to present my Dresden Files Fan Film.  Come on up here to see the Northwest.

Offline Milks

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:16:04 PM »
Mrs. Milks and I will be there.  Just look for two extremely good looking, incredibly intelligent, quick witted people with smooth as butter southern accents. '

Sorry, that was sarcasm.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:59:35 PM by Milks »