Author Topic: Pure Mortal or Changeling at Character Creation  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Nightbreed DOA

• Participant
  • High Shadowmancer of Darkenspire
    • View Profile
Re: Pure Mortal or Changeling at Character Creation
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »
ok, granted this sounds like a silly question, but does this also apply to demi-gods as well? Also when you get the powers, if i understand the book, ( DFRPG Your Story) you can use them without making the choice right?

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 08:04:02 PM »
ok, granted this sounds like a silly question, but does this also apply to demi-gods as well? Also when you get the powers, if i understand the book, ( DFRPG Your Story) you can use them without making the choice right?
I don't have the book in front of me, but iirc the RAW on the Pure Mortal template is pretty explicit.  It says something along the lines of if a character has or obtains ANY supernatural powers AT ALL for any reason and in any fashion, (meaning they paid refresh points to buy a power) they do NOT get the +2 refresh bonus.

Not really a whole lot of wiggle room as far as the RAW is concerned on pure mortals.  Supernatural powers on the character sheet = not pure mortal.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
He means The Choice, not the choice to play pure mortal or changeling. Yes, you can use powers before the character Chooses to be full fae or full mortal--so long as the powers are still under the refresh rate, you've still got the free will to go human.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
He means The Choice, not the choice to play pure mortal or changeling. Yes, you can use powers before the character Chooses to be full fae or full mortal--so long as the powers are still under the refresh rate, you've still got the free will to go human.
Ah, my mistake.  Fuzzy wording and internets inturpetation FTL haha.  XD