Author Topic: Re: Placing maneuvers/Declarations on the scene  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
Re: Placing maneuvers/Declarations on the scene
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
How about using an EMPATHY check to make an appropriate NPC Chrushing On Me? Of course this particular aspect can also backfire if you make an ogre like you and he decides to grapple you in a crushing hug.
Sounds like an Assessment if it's a meaningful npc.  If the npc was just going to be an extra, then it might be a declaration.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Chrono

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »
I figured full love is an assessment, whereas a little bit of flirtation to work up a crush is more a maneuver.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 07:02:30 PM »
The act of flirtation might well be a maneuver, or even a social 'attack', but I would suggest that the strength of wording of the aspect be tied to the 'magnitude' of the placed aspect (maneuver, mild, moderate, severe, extreme), and that a lasting crush would be solidly in the realm of consequences.
Maneuvers only last about one scene, at most, and generally you have to screw up rather badly to squelch a crush within the same scene that it emerges.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 06:09:40 PM »
So far I'm enjoying the suggestions, been giving me a good idea on thinking in the proper way, I think, and I hope it'll provide a similar help to my players.

Anyone have any idea for using contacts to make declaration and maneuvers on the scene. Could be interesting. Maybe like EYES EVERYWHERE to indicate you have a bunch of friends and contacts keeping an eye out in your area or helping you search for things.

Offline Chrono

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 06:16:23 PM »
You can also use CONTACTS to justify knowing things about a place, saying someone told you that there are HOLES IN THE FLOOR or a key on the desk for the FORKLIFT PARKED AROUND THE CORNER as declarations. It also works for social maneuvers like HE KNOWS I OWE HIS FRIEND'S FRIEND'S FRIEND MONEY.

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 06:43:35 PM »
Ooooo. That is a cool idea. Thanks Chrono! I hadn't even thought of it that way, Though I feel that being more a personal aspect or 'navel gazing' maneuver than one placed on the scene.

Offline Chrono

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
Good point. I suppose an Ectomancer could use CONTACTS to stir up ghosts and place a Filled With Spirits aspect to tap for hiding or enhancing ectomancy.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 07:15:27 PM »
Ooooo. That is a cool idea. Thanks Chrono! I hadn't even thought of it that way, Though I feel that being more a personal aspect or 'navel gazing' maneuver than one placed on the scene.

Holes in the floor is a scene aspect and not a navel gazing one.  Another could be "the cops don't respond" or "this is "X" gangs turf" would be good ones.  So if your throw-down is going sour, you tag this is "X" gangs turf", which also happens to be the sworn enemy of your enemy and low and behold a bunch of people walk in on the fight and stir things up.

Then again, this is probably a declaration.  You could, instead, use contacts to inform a rival gang that there WILL be a throw down.  Then tag for effect during the fight.

Offline Baron Hazard

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
Holes in the Floor, you are right, would be potentially on the scene instead of on you, and anyone else could find them with an investigation assessment.

Oooh I Like the idea of "The Cops Don't respond" with contacts, or "This is X Gang's Turf" is pretty cool.