Author Topic: Brag on Your Players  (Read 830 times)

Offline Chrono

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Brag on Your Players
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »
I had a player last week playing a smart/shy type with no combat skills whatsoever. Evil spellcaster (demon influenced) shows up. She hides, and the other characters try to kill the warlock. Warlock rolls and gets a Superb (+5) Block for 3 rounds using a water shield.  No one overcomes the block on the first round, so the warlock hits everyone with a befudle spell (maneuver). At this point, I am thinking the warlock with mess with them and have to leave since the bad guy is rolling so well.

Shy character didn't get hit with the spell (forgot she was hiding, a true sign of success I figure). Her player gets a plugged-in extension cord (Construction Lights area aspect) and says she wants to try and short out the water shield. It's a clever ploy, so I let her use the character's Scholarship skill. It is high enough to short out the shield.

As if that weren't brilliant enough, the other characters are going to be free to attack (werewolf was saving 4 fate points for a killer blow) after her next turn. The warlock tries to flee but rolls low, and we all know he is about to die, so she rolls a fist check and slaps the warlock to give him a DAZED temp aspect.

Success.