Author Topic: Thinking of a new shadowy organization for my game  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of a new shadowy organization for my game
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »
We see the veantors they aren't anti-supernatural just anti-outsiders and old ones.

And they use the Venatori Umbrorum as a smoke screen.

The Venatori tried to banish the Fae - Mab included.  They failed and now focus on keeping out Old Gods and the like.

That sounds pretty much like a "anti all other magic than ours" type group.

Richard

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
I really want a 'Pro- Pure Mortal' group than an anti magic/supernatural group.  One that is designed and operates under the assumption that Pure Mortal Bloodlines is worth more than all the supernaturals around.  I think a little white supremacy mixed with the finances (and secrecy?) of the Bilderberg Group.

Offline Praxidicae

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
I really want a 'Pro- Pure Mortal' group than an anti magic/supernatural group.  One that is designed and operates under the assumption that Pure Mortal Bloodlines is worth more than all the supernaturals around.  I think a little white supremacy mixed with the finances (and secrecy?) of the Bilderberg Group.

Something similar to the 'Ancient Blood Cult' from the 2nd season of tv series Dark Angel could work nicely for you. In the series this is a pseudo-religious cult who have amassed a vast amount of power and influence throughout their millenia long existence. They are obsessed with breeding 'pure' humanity within their ranks, see the majority of humanity as unclean, or tainted, and the mutants and transgenics in the series as abominations to be purged. In the series, this carefully controlled breeding programme has allowed them to become more than mere humanity, they are capable of taking on genetically engineered supersoldiers in hand to hand combat and wiping the floor with them, and some of their members show psionic aptitude.
You could take this and replace 'transgenic' with 'supernatural beings'. Their stance on Wizards and other magic users could be more difficult to calculate, as magical powers could be considered a great boon, something to be bred to their bloodlines, but might be considered a corrupting, impure taint (perhaps room for an internal division between the wilder, younger members and the conservative leaders).

Offline Jimmy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 01:08:13 AM »
What about that group that goes around stealing everyone's left sock? Those guys are bastards!
Be professional, be polite, and have a plan to kill everybody that you meet...

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
  • You can have your own truth, not your own facts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »
What about that group that goes around stealing everyone's left sock? Those guys are bastards!
ROFL - a group of pissed-off Brownies (like the ones that used to clean Dresden's apartment) that go gangster (they are tired of NOT getting credit for doing the dirty work, and not even getting PAID) and start cleaning OUT the houses they used to clean...casing houses and selling the info to burglars...
"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down “Happy”. They told me i didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. "
-John Lennon-

Offline Jimmy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 02:44:33 AM »
And when one night they're seen...a mortal death allows the party to investigate...think i'll use this one myself haha.

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
  • You can have your own truth, not your own facts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 03:51:22 AM »
And when one night they're seen...a mortal death allows the party to investigate...think i'll use this one myself haha.
One of the brownies has seen the murderer but even IF the party  find the little buggar, He can't admit to being at the murder without also admitting he and his cleaning team were in on the robbery (pissing off their superiors in the Fae pecking order and getting his whole team in hot water).  And if you confront the ringleader of the team... well, that might have to be one badass fairy -
"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down “Happy”. They told me i didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. "
-John Lennon-

Offline Jimmy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 05:07:35 AM »
One of the brownies has seen the murderer but even IF the party  find the little buggar, He can't admit to being at the murder without also admitting he and his cleaning team were in on the robbery (pissing off their superiors in the Fae pecking order and getting his whole team in hot water).  And if you confront the ringleader of the team... well, that might have to be one badass fairy -

The plot thickens...

Offline ImpishMortal

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Ebon Gryphon Games
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »
You may also want to consider having an established group being corrupted from within (this could be good or bad) or have its leaders usurped and others take over (which could also be good or bad).

In a campaign I am currently running, set in the Jacksonville area, there are going to be two cults and at least one established shadow organization that was founded by the Spanish back when they settled Saint Augustine. This is set post-Changes, so the Fomor are starting to gain ground as well.

The trick for me is just figuring out how all these forces will be maneuvering against one another and the PCs, but of course that largely depends on the actions taken by my group. :P

Offline Jimmy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 11:54:25 PM »
I've got a religious leader who made a deal with the devil, figuratively speaking. He made a bargain with a big nasty supernatural predator to allow it to prowl the streets and eat other supernaturals, all the while he is researching how to kill it in the hopes that when its job is done he can double cross it and show his 'people' the evil that is afoot. Jammed the players in the middle and going to see what fun abounds.