Author Topic: Suggest Topics Here!  (Read 51053 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest Topics Here!
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »
Um, not sure on the correct protocol here, but I'll second the nomination of this thread.

This is an excelent thing to do.  There may be topics that the currators are on the fence about (not necessarily the one you are 2nding here), and having other members put in input for the nomination process is greatly appreciated.  Regardless, I am always happy to see enthusiasm about discussions from multiple people, so even a comment on something that is probably a shoe in is enormously welcome.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 04:49:18 PM »
Just some some the stuff you moved. Thank you Serack and Elegast!  ;D

And, I nominate this thread (http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36778.msg1772511.html#msg1772511). While I don't agree with everything in it (especially Odin being Merlin) I do think it has interesting insights that shouldn't be lost. 
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 06:56:59 PM »
Just some some the stuff you moved. Thank you Serack and Elegast!  ;D

And, I nominate this thread (http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36778.msg1772511.html#msg1772511). While I don't agree with everything in it (especially Odin being Merlin) I do think it has interesting insights that shouldn't be lost.

Totally seconding and adding this one. 
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »
Totally seconding and adding this one.

*poke*

Yer supposed to link to it in the index.  (I put it in under the already existing Odin=Merlin and Merlin=Odin theory entrances in Elegast's theory index)
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 06:32:55 PM »
Ah -- I was going to do that, and got stuck up editing a bunch of other things.  Thanks for the reminder.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

wizard nelson

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2013, 09:55:04 AM »
I believe this is the topic you wish to nominate.
So did I make the cut with this or not? I wouldn't bother about it if I thought it was cause you all are too busy but you've added almost a dozen new threads to the DFC.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2013, 11:52:20 AM »
So did I make the cut with this or not? I wouldn't bother about it if I thought it was cause you all are too busy but you've added almost a dozen new threads to the DFC.

Either it wasn't locked when I tweaked/spliced it on the 12th of this month, or I missed that it was locked.  We generally wait until the lock before porting it.

It has been transferred now.  And having just checked, Elegast had already inserted it into his index, so it's inserted /and/ indexed. 

BTW, I offered to help splice it together because I liked it :)

Looking back at the "splice job" do you see any formatting changes you would like done that you can't do from your PS3?  If so let me know and I will see what I can do.
DF WoJ Compilation

wizard nelson

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »
Either it wasn't locked when I tweaked/spliced it on the 12th of this month, or I missed that it was locked.  We generally wait until the lock before porting it.
Oh, I'll know to lock it manually first then.
BTW, I offered to help splice it together because I liked it
do you see any formatting changes you would like done that you can't do from your PS3?  If so let me know and I will see what I can do.
Not right now, thanks though. Sorry my organizational skills generally suck even without Ps3 posting.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 01:29:27 AM »
Locking is something automatically done by the forums.  Typically after approximately 3 months I think, but sometimes it seems to take longer, and I'm not sure why, although it could have something to do with replies.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
I vant this theory archived after it matures!
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2013, 04:35:43 PM »
My first attempt to organize what is known about Margaret LeFay

I'm am considering doing an expanded version of it.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2013, 05:05:36 PM »
My first attempt to organize what is known about Margaret LeFay

I'm am considering doing an expanded version of it.

I didn't know about that.

Looking at it briefly, have you ever tried to do sub bullets?  I unlocked the topic so that if you chose to edit it you can.

Something like:

A breakdown of what is known, what is assumed/uncertain, and what is unknown about their relationship - based on what I remember. If I am wrong or something needs to be changed or added let me know.

• They had at least one Business Dinner together, along with Arianna Ortega and Ebenezar. known
    • Justin DuMorne may have attended the Dinner but remained veiled/hidden from Ebenezar until his intentions were known. unknown
    • Business dinner occurred in red court territory in past 50 years - Option One unknown
      • relevant detail pertaining to this potential timeline
      • another relevant detail pertaining to this potential timeline
    • Business dinner occurred about 180 years ago (1860) - Option Two unknown
      • Relevant detail pertinant to this alternate potential timeline
      • etc
    • They had some type of business dealings with each other known
    • Topic of Business unknown
  • Demonreach was abandoned circa 1890 assumed/uncertain
  • Lord Raith was one of the instigators of the war against the Black Court (1892)assumed/uncertain
    • Said war involved large numbers of mortals, advanced weapons, as well as the assistance of wizards, knights, saints, and the other vampire courts (1892-1900?)unknown
  • Margaret travels extensively through the NeverNever known
    • If Option One is correct as far as the Dinner Party then Margaret's Travels occurred before the time of the Dinner Meeting and the time she became pregnant with LR's child  assumed/uncertain
    • If Option Two is correct as far as the Dinner Party then Margaret's Travels occurred between the time of the Dinner Meeting and the time she became pregnant with LR's child  assumed/uncertain
  • Etc
    • etc
    • etc

It takes some effort to keep track of what list code goes where, but if you were to utalize this type of format, your reference would be easier to follow.  I also have some archived information pertaining to Harry's parents that I might try to respond with later.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »
I can fix that. I'll make edits to it to clean it up. I can even change the title to just focus on Margaret. Should I?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:40:00 PM by Tami Seven »
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2013, 06:54:49 PM »
I can fix that. I'll make edits to it to clean it up. I can even change the title to just focus on Margaret. Should I?

*shrug* what are you trying to accomplish with the reference? 

Title it based on that.  By the way, if you need some help getting the bullets ironed out, you can pull my code from that earlier response I made about the sub bullets by using the quote function and use it as a guide on how to get it done.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »
*shrug* what are you trying to accomplish with the reference? 

Title it based on that.  By the way, if you need some help getting the bullets ironed out, you can pull my code from that earlier response I made about the sub bullets by using the quote function and use it as a guide on how to get it done.

I think my main goal was to gather up and organize information on Margaret LeFay. Not sure why I added Raith into this.

I think I can do the bullets, thanks.  :)
War Cry -