Author Topic: Help? Old lady can't find the text enlarge button....  (Read 2591 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Help? Old lady can't find the text enlarge button....
« on: July 09, 2012, 02:41:25 AM »
I lost my settings somehow. I've searched profile etc, but no luck. It used to be a simple tool at the top...

Anyway, if you can tell me how to increase text size so I can actually read the forums that would be super. Message me? I don't seem to get notices of new posts anymore either.

Thanks!  Meg
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Help? Old lady can't find the text enlarge button....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »
The only way I know how to do it is with my browser itself.  The 'view' section of the toolbar might help. 

Also, if on a PC, try (Ctrl plus the '+' key) to enlarge and (Ctrl plus the '-') key to unenlarge..debiggen..whatever the word for that is.

If on a Mac, it's the key with the Apple symbol instaed of Ctrl.  So, (Apple key plus '+' key) to enlarge

Hope that helped
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline ejdalise

• Participant
  • Life is difficult, but at least it's short.
    • View Profile
    • Disperser Tracks
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
If you are running Windows, you can also Click on "Start", choose "all programs", "accessories", "accessibility", "magnifier".

That will split the screen, with the upper part showing a magnified version of where ever your pointer is on.  You can change the size of the split, and the level of magnification (2x is the default).

The Cntl+ is sometime easier to use, but it depends on what you are looking at . . . it magnifies the screen, but makes it harder to navigate.  The other way lets you see the whole screen, and the magnified portion above it.

Hope that helps.

Winning enemies and irritating friends since 1953

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
The only way I know how to do it is with my browser itself.  The 'view' section of the toolbar might help. 

Also, if on a PC, try (Ctrl plus the '+' key) to enlarge and (Ctrl plus the '-') key to unenlarge..debiggen..whatever the word for that is.
Hope that helped
Ctrl+[mousewheel up/down] is what i usually use.  My computer just uses my tv screen across the room, so I zoom text a lot.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:54 AM »
Ctrl+[mousewheel up/down] is what i usually use.  My computer just uses my tv screen across the room, so I zoom text a lot.

I just learned a new thing :)
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 06:03:28 AM »
I use that feature a lot. Also, in Chrome, you just go to the menu in the upper right corner (the wrench) and there is a zoom there. I always use that for small gifs, for instance.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 02:00:01 AM »
It worked! It worked! You're amazing. Thank you, Quantus.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
It worked! It worked! You're amazing. Thank you, Quantus.
Any time.  fwiw, it is the same actual function as the Ctr [+/-] or the Zoom in the View Menu, that is just what the mouse usually defaults to. 

Also good to know, you can reset it to original size with Ctr+[0], or use the View menu

:)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain