Author Topic: Emmisary of Pan (Story Idea)  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Rougarou

• Conversationalist
  • Just like Disneyland.
    • View Profile
Emmisary of Pan (Story Idea)
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »
I was batting around story ideas the other day and came up with something I thought might be fun. In our next session, I think I will send my players up against an Emmisary of Pan and that they will have to rescue one of their number who has fallen under his sway. The NPC will have an Item of Power which will allow him to Incite Emotions (peace, wrath, and general desire to party) at range and across zones. The Item in question will be a magic guitar and the rolls will all be done using Performance, which I plan on placing at above the players' skill cap so he can setup Emotional blocks easily. The reason for doing this is that I want to force them to come at the problem sideways instead of just beating the guy down. Also, the NPC will be owner of a bar called PANDEMONIUM, and depending on the resolution they reach, he may become a new face and the bar a new place in the city.
"So you fought a hobo who tried to use a ritual to make himself a god?"
"We called him Hobosus."
"What?"
"Hobo plus Jesus. Hobosus."
- From a DFRPG campaign.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Emmisary of Pan (Story Idea)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
You might want to add Fear or Terror to that list.

Because descriptions of what it was like when Pan showed up put the 'pan' in panic.

"From the French panique, from Greek panikos, literally, of Pan, from Pan"

Richard

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Emmisary of Pan (Story Idea)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
The reason for doing this is that I want to force them to come at the problem sideways instead of just beating the guy down.

I doubt that that will work. Your players will probably be able to beat him down if they feel inclined.

A maneuver-Compel combo will probably work better.