Author Topic: Unofficial DFRPG chatroom  (Read 1426 times)

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Unofficial DFRPG chatroom
« on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:57 PM »
Since I miss the old days of the DF chat room, I've decided to just make a room for folks to chat about the DFRPG in.

#DresdenFilesRPG on the Darkmyst server.

I won't be in there all the time, but it's someplace for those who want to chat about the game to congregate.

This is 100% unofficial, just to make sure that's said.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial DFRPG chatroom
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:48:26 AM »
You know, this chatroom would make a good place to have those long and ugly arguments that happen every so often.

I guess it'd also be useful for normal discussions that could use a faster pace than the forum provides.

But my first thought upon seeing this is that it'd make a good outlet for the unpleasant stuff.

PS: Link. Right now the channel isn't on their list, so you'll have to write the name into the little channel box. That confused me for a couple minutes...

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »
o.o not *just* for the unpleasant stuff, I really hope!  I made the room because I really liked the good side of the chat while it was up - the camaraderie, the easy access to conversation, the opportunity to forge player friendships in realtime...

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:34:53 PM »
Yeah, that stuff was good.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 01:41:13 AM »
One favor we'd like to ask: if (and we all hope it doesn't happen) there does turn out to be some kind of heated disagreement in there, please don't bring it back in here. That's a partial contributor to the reason that Fred hasn't pushed hard to get the chat feature running on these new (well, new compared to then, anyway) forums (beyond the fact that they just don't seem to WANT to work) - unpleasantness, even in the private chatrooms, had a tendency to spill over onto public chatrooms and eventually the forums. I'm sure everyone will be civilized and polite, but if worse comes to worst and it does go a bit south, we'd just like this to be on record.

Hope it works out well! :)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline batman

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
They really should bring the chat back. It was fun.
Far out.