Author Topic: Tell me about your game! Your last session and experience with DFRPG  (Read 8964 times)

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me about your game! Your last session and experience with DFRPG
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 02:57:21 AM »
We had Ramirez show up as a Warden investigating a law violation at one point. Other than that, just an off-screen conversation with Lara Raith and a cameo by Maeve in or campaign.
"I am responsible for more than my own fun."

Offline RevengeofTim

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 01:51:36 AM »
Our GM has a rule that Dresden doesn't exist and that the canon novels are kinda over there somewhere, let's not bother looking. It's all still from canon sources, we just try and ignore the events of the books. For example, I have Lasciel's coin, not Dresden. Muhahahaha.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 02:05:01 AM »
Are you in chaos necromancers game or is that just random chance? Never mind.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 02:18:50 AM »
My Character broke into the vatican to retrieve a document about the White Councils involvement in trying to turn a Fae into a Human a few hundred years ago.
This has led to the Fae pressuring the White Council to recognize one of our Party Members claim as Rightful heir of Atlantis (the Fabled Lost Sea Court"
Also our Warden turned a Black Court Vampire that was in mist form, into a block of ice, and dropped it from 30 stories up 

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 12:18:21 AM »
I GM over IRC, which means the pace of the game is a little slower than what happens in a normal, face-to-face game.

In our last session, the group faced off against a monstrous demon that was burning contracts with some kind of devilish power, as well as attacking a Church, the local Fae power and the local Black Court Vampire - saving the Black Court Vampire and his White Court brethren from almost certain death. Better the devil you do know, eh?

Then, after that, my lone remaining Pure Mortal agreed to allow the vampire to possess her so that he could show her to the last member of a pact established 500 years ago that is somehow related to this spate of attacks. He takes them to the church and says that the nameless, soulless third party is inside, when suddenly the party hears that their impenetrable fortress of holy solitude has been broken into and the mortal they stashed there for her protection is under attack.

Keepin' them hoppin'.
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 04:38:41 PM »
My group's been smashing everything I throw at them, including that which I meant to be a challenge.

So last night I hit them with three Master Black Court Vampires, one of which was also a Wizard.

Total party wipe. Whoops!

Um... bonus fate point to everybody for the wipe?

Offline sqlcowboy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 04:45:10 PM »
At least one of us remembered to concede!  I think, long term, that will end up being a worse decision for the character though.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 01:15:55 PM »
My group's been smashing everything I throw at them, including that which I meant to be a challenge.

So last night I hit them with three Master Black Court Vampires, one of which was also a Wizard.

Total party wipe. Whoops!

Um... bonus fate point to everybody for the wipe?

they ALL died?

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
Taken out, yeah.

I'm spinning this in with the Red War and giving a reason for them to live through it, but at the cost of story-relevant complications down the line.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »
Huh, that one's a surprise to me. Master BCVs are kind of paper tiger-ish.

How did the fight go down?

Offline sqlcowboy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 02:02:46 AM »
Ghsdkgb didn't take them directly from the book, but varied their powers.  So one was a Wizard, and one had Supernatural Speed and Supernatural Toughness.  The third I'm not sure of.  They took out our heavy hitter with one shot early in the combat, and then the one with SS and ST was really hard to take down from there for the remainder of us.

We also rolled REALLY badly in several cases, which cost us a lot of Fate.  By the end of the combat, we'd all used between 3-6 Fate each, and it was a close finish.  A few rolls that were better and we would've won (especially if we hadn't lost our glass cannon fighter so early).  There were a few things that probably should've gone differently in both directions that might've had an impact, rules-wise that we discussed afterwards.

We also are only one refresh up from Feet in The Water (Well, two after Tuesday's Major Milestone).

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 02:23:52 AM »
Did you guys do all the cheatsy stuff?
Naval Gazing?
Placing Aspects on them?
That thing where you try to determine their aspects?
Anything like that?
Hell we had a member of our group beat a BCV with Social Attacks
So while I was shooting him or our werewolf was biting him, this guy was yelling "your mother never loved you" and WON

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 03:55:09 AM »
So they were buffed, you were playing low-level characters, you got unlucky, the rules were accidentally misinterpreted to their advantage, and you didn't have the Catch.

Okay, it now makes sense that you lost.

PS: All BCVs have Supernatural Toughness.

Offline sqlcowboy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
I know they all have ST... it was the combination with SS that made it impossible.  He was hard to hit AND resistant to injury.  None of us have any Toughness, so if we don't dodge... *squish*

And yes, we did all the tricks.  Like I said, perfect storm of bad stuff (rolls and such) sucked away our Fate.  From what I understand, one had a single physical stress point left and one had a stress point and one consequence left.  The third was dead. 

If my successful maneuver to knock one into the ocean had the effect I wanted, we would've won -- I didn't want to argue it during the session, though.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »
I have had my character run like a little girl, and let the party fend for themselves. Aspect:Live to Fight another day!