Author Topic: Ask Evil Hat Anything  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Ask Evil Hat Anything
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:59:45 PM »
Here's the link to their open house - ask us anything bit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/tctnj/we_are_evil_hat_productions_ask_us_anything_ama/

Richard

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Evil Hat Anything
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
Thanks for pointing this out. I've been meaning to ask about their stance on fanwork.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Evil Hat Anything
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:46:31 AM »
A bit more info about the next Dresden Book - gleamed from three different questions:

Next Dresden Files RPG supplement: That'd be the Paranet Papers. It's one of those projects -- like anything Dresden that we do, it appears -- that as scoped out was going to be a lot easier to put together, but has had a lot of hurdles (not all of them intrinsic to the project). The thing's grown a fair bit. All the chapters are drafted at this point, and we're deep in the editorial and revision slog. Until we get to the other side of that I'm not comfortable even guessing at the ETA. At a casual estimate, I'd say it's occupying at least half of the company's aggregate attention, it's just not in a place where there's much point in being loud about it.
----

(when asked about a preview of the book)
We're planning on doing some as our Facebook page gets more likes, but, here, have the opener on the Russian Revolution chapter. I'm particularly geeked for this chapter because the Russian Revolution is taking place right around the same time as the Black Court is getting decimated due to the publication of Dracula ...

Novgorod, Russia, October 1918

It’s 1918, and Russia is burning.

Civil war rages as the Bolsheviks struggle with anti-revolutionary armies across the country. As the autumn’s first snowflakes appear, the Winter Court of Faerie pushes hard against the Summer Court’s presence. Chaos reigns; as the mortal world bleeds itself dry, the madness also infects the supernatural world, as predators stalk their prey with increasingly brazen openness.

If someone doesn’t impose stability soon, there won’t be anyone left for the victors to rule. But whose stability?
---

We're currently working on The Paranet Papers, a supplement which -- in one of its chapters -- will do a bit of a "catch-up", at least up to being semi-concurrent with the events of Ghost Story.

Richard