Poll

Click if you think the statement to be true. Plz read the OP first (you can change your vote anyway).

The BC was trying to turn Molly.
32 (23.9%)
Mab never intended Harry to pour summer fire in the well.
47 (35.1%)
The BC attacked Artis Tor to save mad Lea.
20 (14.9%)
The scarecrow is boosted by Outsider power.
18 (13.4%)
Mab made a deal with the BC.
17 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: PG: combining Neurovore and Knnn.  (Read 37357 times)

Offline BlahBlah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: PG: combining Neurovore and Knnn.
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »
Mab is nowhere near Uriel's power level.  Uriel has full Intellectus (which by definition includes the power to understand what you know) and was described by JB as "an Executive VP of Creation."  It would be a stretch to put Mother Summer and Mother Winter in Uriel's ballpark, and they are both clearly more potent than Mab.

Mab cannot have any sort of general form of Intellectus and simultaneously be unable to lie.  For example, when Marcone gets snatched by the Denarians and Harry asks Mab who took him, she responds, "I don't know."  It's possible for that to be a true statement (in a twisty Sidhe sense) if she believes she has partial knowledge; it is not possible for that to be a true statement from a being with Intellectus.

Took me a while to find the source I was looking for.

In SK Lea states (to Harry after he Sees Seeing Titania and Mab): "They exist in opposition.  Each wields vast power, wizard - power to rival the archangels and lesser gods."

^_^
Quote from: Griffyn612
My guesses are not educated, thank you.  >:( 

They're Logic School drop-outs, just hanging out in the rough parts of the boards, looking for trouble.  They look tough, but run at the first sign of reasoning or intellectual thought 8)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
Took me a while to find the source I was looking for.
In SK Lea states (to Harry after he Sees Seeing Titania and Mab): "They exist in opposition.  Each wields vast power, wizard - power to rival the archangels and lesser gods."

Thank you.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
Thanks, i forgot that. I knew we had put the archangels, mothers. And ferrovax in the same general weight class but i forgot why..
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline MartyTaylor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2012, 01:18:12 PM »
Good thread. Some stuff I'd like to throw in the pot.
 1) We're asking - Why did Mab kidnap Molly?, when Harry's spell mirrored the fetches back at the summoner shouldn't we be asking - Why did Mab kidnap anyone? I mean, how do we know that Molly was her primary target?
 2) We're assuming Justin was Black Circle/Council. Was he? He recruited two potential Outsiderbanes that appear to have been prepped for immediate entry into both Winter and Summer. I mean, not only did Harry have immediate easy access to Winter as soon as he dealt with HWWB, didn't Elaine have a quick pass into Summer? Who set that up? That is a very important question no one seems to be asking.
DV MartyTaylor v1.1 yr8 fr1 BK+++ JB- TH++ WG++ CL SW(+) BC+ SH[Elaine+++ Murphy-]

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
Good thread. Some stuff I'd like to throw in the pot.
 1) We're asking - Why did Mab kidnap Molly?, when Harry's spell mirrored the fetches back at the summoner shouldn't we be asking - Why did Mab kidnap anyone? I mean, how do we know that Molly was her primary target?

There's a WOJ which strongly implied that Molly was targeted:
Ask yourself why Mab had Molly brought in.  What chain of events did that set in motion?  What secondary effects came about because of it?  Ultimately, Mab can always go to the Wyld and draw in more muscle to replace fallen thugs.  If worst comes to worst, with just a few "seed" fae, she could rear up enough Changelings to repopulate her cadre within a human generation or two--nothing, to a being thousands of years old. 

Plus a fear inducing sorcerer was necessary for the plan to work, and we know that Marling pushed Molly into breking the third Law.
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

Offline MartyTaylor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »
Which, essentially, means that Mab was going to thrash convention goers until her minions could snatch Molly. Meaning one of two things,
1) if Harry's not at the convention the first evening, i.e. drops Molly off after bailing her out or just lets her have the cab, she gets kidnapped the first night.
or
2) if Harry doesn't cast his mirror spell there's going to be a whole lot more mayhem before Mab finally gets her hands on Molly
DV MartyTaylor v1.1 yr8 fr1 BK+++ JB- TH++ WG++ CL SW(+) BC+ SH[Elaine+++ Murphy-]

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2012, 02:18:07 PM »
Which, essentially, means that Mab was going to thrash convention goers until her minions could snatch Molly. Meaning one of two things,
1) if Harry's not at the convention the first evening, i.e. drops Molly off after bailing her out or just lets her have the cab, she gets kidnapped the first night.
or
2) if Harry doesn't cast his mirror spell there's going to be a whole lot more mayhem before Mab finally gets her hands on Molly

1)The Gatekeeper told Harry to investigate black magic. And frankly, knowing Harry, it's easy to predict that a serie of murder in Chicago using supernatural means will draw him in.

2) According to Bob, we know that the mirror spell is strandart WC procedure. And someone puts a ward, making Harry think that a practitioner was invoking the fetches.
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2012, 02:19:09 PM »
Does any of this become simpler if we posit Mab and Raschid in functional cahoots ?  [ Not necessarily sitting down and planning together, I mean, but one knowing enough about the other's actions to make plans incoroporating them. ]

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
2) According to Bob, we know that the mirror spell is strandart WC procedure.

And indeed, Harry does something similar based on the mirror-ward idea in BR.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
@neuro: ive been assuming mab and raschid know each other since sk.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline MartyTaylor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
I've often wondered what would be given away if Harry had an opportunity to "see" Rashid on Demonreach with his intellectus. At times I've fingered him for Black Council because of this. Not as certain of that now, but I don't believe his line about "having a history" with the island (or whatever he said). I don't think he wants Harry to get that look at him.

Is he missing the same eye as Vadderung? Could they be the same person? I doubt it myself, but the possibility has occured to me.

Offline BlahBlah

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 14, 2012, 03:37:33 PM »
Thanks, i forgot that. I knew we had put the archangels, mothers. And ferrovax in the same general weight class but i forgot why..

If Lea is right, then Mab and Titania are in the same weight class as Uriel.  The Mothers are a cut above, at major-god levels.  Seems appropriate, given that they are the heart of faerie.

Ferrovax?  I think there's WoJ on him placing him at archangelic levels, but I can't quote it.
Quote from: Griffyn612
My guesses are not educated, thank you.  >:( 

They're Logic School drop-outs, just hanging out in the rough parts of the boards, looking for trouble.  They look tough, but run at the first sign of reasoning or intellectual thought 8)

Offline uncanny

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 14, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
If Lea is right, then Mab and Titania are in the same weight class as Uriel.  The Mothers are a cut above, at major-god levels.  Seems appropriate, given that they are the heart of faerie.

Ferrovax?  I think there's WoJ on him placing him at archangelic levels, but I can't quote it.
I thought the capital D Dragons were cosmic forces in their own right?

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 14, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
The woj goes that they are forces of nature, stronger than mab, and ferro used to be at the 'vp' level (tho jim didnt use that exact word) but is not anymore. And they dont like humans.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »
Does any of this become simpler if we posit Mab and Raschid in functional cahoots ?  [ Not necessarily sitting down and planning together, I mean, but one knowing enough about the other's actions to make plans incoroporating them. ]
What is the old desert fox up to? :)
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]