Author Topic: Penguin/ROC releases CD cover and more [Major Spoilers]  (Read 32042 times)

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Penguin/ROC releases CD cover and more [Major Spoilers]
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27:45 AM »
At least the last Molly cover matches the standard stereotype for women on fantasy novel covers. She's standing in a position that has GOT to be uncomfortable at the very least, but which accentuates her... body structure.
That is because they are copied from another series with a female heroine that covers all the stereotypes. I even read them. Try Seanan McGuire. You still have some time befor Cold Days.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 07:32:31 AM »
That is because they are copied from another series with a female heroine that covers all the stereotypes. I even read them. Try Seanan McGuire. You still have some time befor Cold Days.

I read the first book of the October Daye series and didn't like it. I liked the writing but didn't like the character. I'm gonna try the new one soon.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 07:57:26 AM »
I read the first book of the October Daye series and didn't like it. I liked the writing but didn't like the character. I'm gonna try the new one soon.
Doing unbelievable irrational and stupid things without believable reasons to such a degree that it blocks your identification with the protagonist and makes you stop reading?

I don't know why that is a common treat for modern urban fantasy heroines but it seems so. It is still a nice series along as you can ignore it  ;D

SH[Elaine+++]

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:26 AM »
Doing unbelievable irrational and stupid things without believable reasons to such a degree that it blocks your identification with the protagonist and makes you stop reading?

I don't know why that is a common treat for modern urban fantasy heroines but it seems so. It is still a nice series along as you can ignore it  ;D

Yeah. I can't. I have limited reading time and I'm pretty unforgiving on authors. I like Jim so much because Dresden actually thinks and acts according to his understanding. Most other characters do the same. It's refreshing.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:36 AM »
Yeah. I can't. I have limited reading time and I'm pretty unforgiving on authors. I like Jim so much because Dresden actually thinks and acts according to his understanding. Most other characters do the same. It's refreshing.
I stopped with Kim Harrison for that reason. She takes it to extremes I never read anywhere else :o
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 08:19:15 AM »
Yeah. On the other hand, I love Pat Briggs. Though the plot resolution sometimes leaves holes a few miles wide, I love that the character.

Offline Lash Dresden

• Posty McPostington
  • Loneliness or solitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 08:25:16 AM »
I'm getting sick of all of these april fools jokes. >:(
I used to avoid the internet entirely on April 1, for just that reason.  But I haven't been online as much at all in recent months, so I forgot all about it until today.  Otherwise I would have missed all of this until it was over.
Everyone on this earth wants to feel like they matter.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 12:46:32 AM »
I loved the covers! It has been really fun  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 08:01:09 AM »
Haha, these are fabulous!  Great work!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
Jim has announced a final blockbuster of a book to truly end the series, as he has found that a Big Apocalyptic Trilogy won't be enough to contain the Big Bad Final Battle. Its title:

(click to show/hide)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »
Damm.. nice job on CD and the BAT covers..

But still, this was mean...  Raised and crushed my hopes..

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »
Jim has announced a final blockbuster of a book to truly end the series, as he has found that a Big Apocalyptic Trilogy won't be enough to contain the Big Bad Final Battle. Its title:

(click to show/hide)

It's april 2nd rapidly approaching april 3rd, a bit late for an april fools joke don't you think?
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 11:14:08 AM »
love the molly idea that would be cool
oh i just noticed this its the 2nd here
ha very good love the covers  ;D

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »
It's april 2nd rapidly approaching april 3rd, a bit late for an april fools joke don't you think?

It's all about the spirit..

Give Shecky a breake, dont cut him short..

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 11:22:59 AM »
i persanly think sheckys one is funny