Author Topic: Questions  (Read 44402 times)

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »
Dont worry then lash will be back;)  just not for a long while i suspect..she knows too much.

She's already back as of Ghost Story, and Jim has said that he can't withold the information about "power over Outsiders" from us much longer.

No, the theory is that Lasciel is back, not Lash.  Personally, I think the end of the Lash storyline was so perfect, so calm and beautiful, that to bring her back would cheapen it to worthlessness.

It's like in New Who,
(click to show/hide)

Hopefully Jim won't do that.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:04:26 PM by Orladdin »
There is never a blanket answer to an ethical question.  This includes the Laws of Magic.

Perpetrator of The Cold Days Release FAQ

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."
-- The Doctor, Timewyrm: Genesys

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Lash is confirmed to have appeared in Ghost Story by WoJ, same goes for Lasciel.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:07:38 PM by TheCuriousFan »
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »
Lash is confirmed to have appeared in Ghost Story by WoJ, same goes for Lasciel.

I'd love to see that WoJ...

The only way I'd be ok with "Lash" coming back, I think, is if it were in a way that is so devious that it defies imagination.

One theory I've bounced around about it is (Uriel == Lash)
Devious.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:58:35 PM by Orladdin »
There is never a blanket answer to an ethical question.  This includes the Laws of Magic.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »
I'd love to see that WoJ...

Are we ever going to see Lash again?
She’s actually mentioned in Ghost Story although not by name. Her story isn’t over.

The only way I'd be ok with "Lash" coming back, I think, is if it were in a way that is so devious that it defies imagination.

One theory I've bounced around about it is (Uriel == Lash)
Devious.

You're going to have to explain that one because to me that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »
Lash was the parasite that kept Harry's heart beating while Demonreach kept his body "fed" and Mab kept him on the porch of death, but not yet through that door.

Offline Jay051684

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2012, 05:10:44 PM »
This is only known to be true at certain power levels. Past a certain point, size doesn't seem to matter anymore. Lea is described as being taller than Mab, but Mab is more powerful.

But remember when Harry Saw the two Queens? They were huge beyond belief, literal forces of nature. So what we see of Mab is not even close to her true form it would seem.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »
I wouldn't say that we can call what Harry Sees their "true" form.  Unless Murphy is actually an angel.  The immense size is a metaphor for their power, rather than them being titanic creatures that wear people sized suits of meat to interact with people.

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »
Lash was the parasite that kept Harry's heart beating while Demonreach kept his body "fed" and Mab kept him on the porch of death, but not yet through that door.

I think that's actually been unofficially confirmed, right? Someone got him to say that Lash was the parasite while he was signing their book. 'Course, he could have been using "Lash" and "Lasciel" interchangeably. He's done that before. Or the parasite could be the combined being of Lash and Lasciel, and the Whispering Fallen could have been someone other than Lasciel. Like Anduriel, for instance. He always seemed like a great suspect, since his physical form was just a shadow to begin with, and he did come very close to killing Nicodemus. Nic might have pressured Anduriel into getting rid of Harry, even if it broke a Rule.
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2012, 06:28:50 PM »
You're going to have to explain that one because to me that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Lash could appear to Harry however she liked; in whatever form she desired.  She could make him see anything she wanted.

She knows Harry better than anyone at this point.  She knows he always tries to do the "right thing."  She knows he rejected her help no matter how useful it would have been, simply because he knew that she was a fallen angel.  What's a girl to do?  Put on an Archangel costume instead.  Make him think he's working for The Good Guys™.

I'll post this in its own thread, I suspect that it might warrant some serious derailment.
Here's the thread I started.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:36:34 PM by Orladdin »

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2012, 07:00:07 PM »
No, the theory is that Lasciel is back, not Lash.  Personally, I think the end of the Lash storyline was so perfect, so calm and beautiful, that to bring her back would cheapen it to worthlessness.
Lash is the only logical candidate for the parasite. We have woj that both are back and mentioned not by name in Ghost Story. At the moment the remnants of Lash live of Harries soul. With just enough power to help keep the body alive, something Lasciel would not do.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »
I think that's actually been unofficially confirmed, right? Someone got him to say that Lash was the parasite while he was signing their book. 'Course, he could have been using "Lash" and "Lasciel" interchangeably. He's done that before. Or the parasite could be the combined being of Lash and Lasciel, and the Whispering Fallen could have been someone other than Lasciel. Like Anduriel, for instance. He always seemed like a great suspect, since his physical form was just a shadow to begin with, and he did come very close to killing Nicodemus. Nic might have pressured Anduriel into getting rid of Harry, even if it broke a Rule.

Yah, I mention it at the end of the lash section of the WoJ compilation.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »
Lash is the only logical candidate for the parasite. We have woj that both are back and mentioned not by name in Ghost Story. At the moment the remnants of Lash live of Harries soul. With just enough power to help keep the body alive, something Lasciel would not do.

No, it's the easiest candidate for the parasite.  It could be something that's not directly been shown yet, but mentioned.  It could be an outsider, and be the reason Harry can harm them the way he does.  The parasite could be anything.

Offline Paladino

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
No, it's the easiest candidate for the parasite.  It could be something that's not directly been shown yet, but mentioned.  It could be an outsider, and be the reason Harry can harm them the way he does.  The parasite could be anything.

Ocam's Razor usually do it.

If you get the time to check the WoJ's, (you can find most of them on Serack's thread, and the newest ones at the thread he ask help transcribing them, or with the forum search device, just take effor, if you really want to read you can find it) you will find WoJ's saying that
Both Lasciel and Lashiel appear in GS. I belive one interview Jim said Lasciel, the other day he confirmed Lashiel, and I don't remember correctly but also there was one he mention both of them.

And there is another WoJ that Lashiel appears near the end of the book. That leaves her with only two options, Parasite or Whispering Shadow.

I ruled out Lashiel as the Whispering Shadow, cause she dosen't need a shadow to whisper to Harry, she's inside his head, also would be aganst her interestd to have him killed.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »
If the whispering shadow was Lash, then Lash didn't have Harry killed--Harry had himself killed.

Remember, the seven words didn't include, "Then kill yourself." They were a guilt trip, probably meant to make Harry seek power--if Lash is whispering, then she'd have preferred said power be Lasciel, but another source of power (that would heal Harry) would also help ensure Lash's and Harry's survival.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2012, 09:08:58 PM »
The shadow is lasciel , i believe in a new host. Lash is the parasite. This has been i believe confirmed by jim. (not the new host part). Also let slip by Jim is there is a conection between maggie sr and the black court, and that they will be showing up soon. As to lash herslef, she knows what the black court is up too.. Not nec the outsiders. Rember her last words in wn? Shes taking a nap until after jim does his big blampire amry reveal ;)
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky