Author Topic: NPC Idea  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
NPC Idea
« on: March 14, 2012, 02:46:24 AM »
I've had an idea for an NPC that could be fun to use in someones game, but as I don't really have any desire to GM, and my current game is going great without it, I thought I would toss it out for other folks to play with. He could also prolly be used as a PC but he wouldn't be very well liked I would imagine.

A fat slovenly head chef for the biggest most famous restaurant in town. The place is so popular that only reservations are booked for months in advance. The chef's dirty little secret: Red Court Vamp venom. He has a some of them imprisoned in his basement/freezer/pantry/whatever that he milks daily and mixes the addictive substance into all of his recipes.

Other twists: The prisoners could be full or only partially turned. He himself could be a vamp or partially turned. He could be a white court who feeds on gluttony.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
Re: NPC Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:40:44 PM »
... He could be a white court who feeds on gluttony...
He has a some [red court vams] imprisoned in his basement/freezer/pantry/whatever that he milks daily and mixes the addictive substance into all of his recipes....
This is awesome!
Can you imagine the PCs uncovering this somehow?  And what they do about it?  His defense could be that "RC vamps aren't people anyway, why should [the PCs] care?"  And then, do the PCs care when they find out?  Holy Moral Dilemma, Batman!
There is never a blanket answer to an ethical question.  This includes the Laws of Magic.

Perpetrator of The Cold Days Release FAQ

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."
-- The Doctor, Timewyrm: Genesys

Offline Arcane

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
Man, his business model is going to be totally screwed once the events from Changes happen.
You Might Know Me As:

Charlie Wiseman

Jeffrey Campbell

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »
I had a similar plot for a session, except the RCVs were spiking a soup kitchen and using it to maintain a steady stream of homeless for feeding purposes.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:22:13 AM »
This is awesome!
Can you imagine the PCs uncovering this somehow?  And what they do about it?  His defense could be that "RC vamps aren't people anyway, why should [the PCs] care?"  And then, do the PCs care when they find out?  Holy Moral Dilemma, Batman!

Yeah, that was my thinking as well Orladdin. And you could adapt the scenario to each group to really hit home. Heck, you could even have the chef be a White Council member. It doesn't break any of the 7 laws.

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:23:03 AM »
Oh and if anyone does like and want to use this idea, feel free, just let me know what happens with it. I would love to see how the character played out with a group of PCs.