Author Topic: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.  (Read 472941 times)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
Re: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.
« Reply #1875 on: February 18, 2012, 03:36:44 AM »
Eh. Absolutist doesn't necessarily mean dictatorial.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 18, 2012, 03:38:19 AM »
one of mine got attacke dby an army of escaped familliars using civil war technology.. he cast acid rain.. on the gunpowder storage.

oops.

My teamate threw an axe to get something off my face that i would have gotten off on my turn. he rolled a 10 percent on control and a twenty for damage, critical hit. I got cleaved in half by my teamates axe.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 18, 2012, 03:39:32 AM »
Okay, so Hobbes idea is that humans are basically evil at their most natural. Hence the need for a strong central authority/state. So he presents his idea of absolutism, in which the central authority/government/state has absolute control. The assumption is that all of the power would be concentrated in one area, but the idea of separation of powers within an absolutist government can also be applied. Like in the United States (or at least, ideally), the government has absolute control over the people with its power being vested in the legislative, executive, and judicial branches. It may not seem absolutist because of the separation of powers idea being applied, but it is in fact.

Oh, I totally agree with you.  Your teacher argued that the separation of powers is a fool-proof defense against absolutism?
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 18, 2012, 03:40:19 AM »
ever get used by a dragon as an ear wipe?

Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 18, 2012, 03:40:23 AM »
Don, sorry, I thought Mimik had told me I was Jessica Rabbit last time I was Poison Ivy

Nope.  That was me  :)
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 18, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »
Mm, not really much difference, but I think I see your point, DC.

Oh, then sorry Don  ;)

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 18, 2012, 03:42:33 AM »
Oh, I totally agree with you.  Your teacher argued that the separation of powers is a fool-proof defense against absolutism?
She wasn't arguing that, so much as questioning how I was legitimately putting those two seemingly contradictory ideas together into a plausible argument.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 18, 2012, 03:43:42 AM »
Also Dina i forgive you i am like a school child right now with the does she like me or not scenario

Lol no but i ended up being digested by a giant space goat my team called up in a summoning ritual that was supposed to make us immortal. It required a sacrifice. Instead of finding another suitable NPC they threw me in with the explanation that i die every meeting anyway.
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 18, 2012, 03:45:05 AM »
Also Dina i forgive you i am like a school child right now with the does she like me or not scenario

Lol no but i ended up being digested by a giant space goat my team called up in a summoning ritual that was supposed to make us immortal. It required a sacrifice. Instead of finding another suitable NPC they threw me in with the explanation that i die every meeting anyway.

lol!

one of my teams used the dwarf to batter down a door once.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 18, 2012, 03:47:21 AM »
Resurrection staff was a bad idea with us, but very funny.

Thanks! (((GW)))
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 18, 2012, 03:48:45 AM »
lol!

one of my teams used the dwarf to batter down a door once.
Nice, well after that ( i had to reroll yet another character) Moved along a canyon when we blacked out. I ended up in bed with the barbarian and three dead bodies (our GM was messed up)  Whom i had to promptly attack because i was a paladin and our barbarian had a history of getting away with murder and raping random things. So i died being smashed between two dead bodies which he used as a weapon
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 18, 2012, 03:50:42 AM »
Oh, I used body as shields, amulets, and food for things, but never as a weapon. Oh, I used it too for trap detection.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 18, 2012, 03:52:34 AM »
Oh, I used body as shields, amulets, and food for things, but never as a weapon. Oh, I used it too for trap detection.

There is a reason i don't play the game anymore, i got tired of being the very funny running joke, my characters (who i got attached to immediately) kept being slaughtered.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 18, 2012, 03:53:58 AM »
I would have stopped playing too.
Some of my worse fights with hubby are because of D&D  :P
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 18, 2012, 03:55:07 AM »
I would have stopped playing too.
Some of my worse fights with hubby are because of D&D  :P

Yeah they were my new college friends and boo they murdered me, again and again, and again.
Sir  Reginald.