Author Topic: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.  (Read 472946 times)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.
« Reply #1830 on: February 18, 2012, 02:34:21 AM »
The laws'll catch up someday...

*snort*

i had a teacher like that he was a math teacher, a total hypocrite though because he wasted somewhere near 60 percent of our time in class on eagles and other such nonsense
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 18, 2012, 02:35:33 AM »
Wow...I'm a pretty calm, mellow dude, but if someone did that to me...(rage)

I try to be nice, respectful, and courteous to all people. But, like a certain wizard, I have severe authority issues and much the same reactions Dresden would. (Minus the fire)

Me, too.  But unlike police officers, a college professor earns his authority
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 18, 2012, 02:37:04 AM »
*snort*

i had a teacher like that he was a math teacher, a total hypocrite though because he wasted somewhere near 60 percent of our time in class on eagles and other such nonsense
My math teacher last year spent about 65% of class time playing, I kid you not, Solitaire on her school computer.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38:40 AM »
I said college professors.  I have a low opinion of k-12 public school teachers

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 18, 2012, 02:38:50 AM »
Don does that lack of respect for authority have anything to do with that trouble with the law you were talking about.........

Honestly im not a functional person in class. In my work i get along just fine when im not narrowly avoiding death.

My math teacher last year spent about 65% of class time playing, I kid you not, Solitaire on her school computer.

Some teachers are just not role models. I do look up to some. My AP Lit teacher taught me things about reading and writing that were amazing.
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 18, 2012, 02:39:47 AM »
Don, of course! Little surprises are better than fanzy ones. For example, when he put a message of love in the screensaver of the computer, it was for free. But I loved it!!!

If you have authority problems, is ok. Don't go to a place where you have to accept another's authority. But those are the game rules. If you want a degree, you have to accept some reasonable level of authority from teachers.

It seems that you really have a problem, GW.  :-\
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 18, 2012, 02:41:29 AM »
I said college professors.  I have a low opinion of k-12 public school teachers

I have the utmost respect for all teachers.

Professors on the other hand, must earn my respect. I've had far too many miserable, rude, and condescending professors in college that abused the fact they are practically impossible to fire.

If my High School teachers had not of been so excellent, I would never have survived some of the previously mentioned terrible professors.
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 18, 2012, 02:42:55 AM »
I've made it through college so far ok, Dina, ill be alright, so long as i dont get crushed by a falling pallet or run over by a car at my work
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 18, 2012, 02:45:32 AM »
Don does that lack of respect for authority have anything to do with that trouble with the law you were talking about.........

Indeed.  I learned a lesson.  I don't have to like them.  I don't have to respect them, but I have to be cognizant of the power they have over me.

The thing is, what happened was severely influenced by alcohol.  I wasn't thinking straight at the time.

Honestly im not a functional person in class. In my work i get along just fine when im not narrowly avoiding death.

Some teachers are just not role models. I do look up to some. My AP Lit teacher taught me things about reading and writing that were amazing.

Well, we humans have the power to improve and grow.  To turn liabilities into assets.

You don't have to love all your teachers.  You have to recognize that they are what you have to work with, and you have to get what you can out of them.  You're paying for a service that they deliver.  Get your money's worth.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 18, 2012, 02:48:20 AM »
I have the utmost respect for all teachers.

Professors on the other hand, must earn my respect. I've had far too many miserable, rude, and condescending professors in college that abused the fact they are practically impossible to fire.

If my High School teachers had not of been so excellent, I would never have survived some of the previously mentioned terrible professors.

I'm not saying every teacher.  Just in general.  I've been to public school, then I bailed and went to a Jesuit high school.  I compared my hs experience with my friends who went to a numbr of different public schools.

And yes, there ae a lot of crappy professor who are at a university for other reasons than to teach, but they are what you have to work with.  They are presumably knowledgeable about the subject matter they are teaching, and you have to get what you can out of them.  See above about getting your money's worth.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 18, 2012, 02:49:56 AM »
I am no longer certain what's a liability or asset with me, i don't even know what i want to be.

But i have bigger problems atm being a coward. Still need my hat back, it's like missing part of my head. Ill have to bring her a hat from my crazy hat collection to replace it. Should i pick the crazy smiley face one or the Superman tophat
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 18, 2012, 02:51:10 AM »
My students aren't paying for the service  :)

GW, oh, I was not considering you will have any problem in graduating. I was talking about being rude. Perhaps you should talk to your teachers before classes, tell them that you need to read but you didn't mean disrespect with that and you will try to be discrete while reading, so not to distract the class. Is the best middle point I can think of.

And you will gain courage, be optimistic.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 18, 2012, 02:54:04 AM »
Optimism is for upbeat people.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 18, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »
Honestly it's better this way, i dont actually distract the class with my reading.

However, i like to ask questions, and argue points when i pay attention. Just ask my math classes and social studies classes and philosophy class. They hated me because i proactively learn, and because of such i get the class behind in the curriculum. I feel bad about that.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 18, 2012, 02:55:09 AM »
Don, of course! Little surprises are better than fanzy ones. For example, when he put a message of love in the screensaver of the computer, it was for free. But I loved it!!!

That's exactly what I'm talking about, btw.  Little thoughtful gestures.