Author Topic: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.  (Read 473038 times)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.
« Reply #1815 on: February 18, 2012, 02:07:32 AM »
Kind of missed what i was saying, i still learn from the teacher, just not usually till later when i go over the notes from class which i took on what the teacher was saying.

No, I got what you were saying.  If you're dividing your attention, you're just not going to get as much out of the lecture.

People do have different ways of learning, but that's often used as a cop-out.  If you're paying attention and taking notes, when you read a line of your own notes, that bit of lecture will come back to you.  You'll not only have the little pice you wrote down, but you'll also be able to recollect its context
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 18, 2012, 02:09:33 AM »
Working on it, i have to arrange to steal my hat, such a mess, i have to be in postition tuesday outside her first class, which means I have to run from my class which gets out like 5 mins earlier usually to her classroom. This will be a long hard run.

Dina, I long ago learned to do other things whilst reading: Walking, Biking, sitting in a noisy room, showering, driving  ;), lots of things
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 18, 2012, 02:11:42 AM »
I think those last two are the most concerning.
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 18, 2012, 02:13:03 AM »
Working on it, i have to arrange to steal my hat, such a mess, i have to be in postition tuesday outside her first class, which means I have to run from my class which gets out like 5 mins earlier usually to her classroom. This will be a long hard run.

Dina, I long ago learned to do other things whilst reading: Walking, Biking, sitting in a noisy room, showering, driving  ;), lots of things

Little surprises help.  I'm sure you know what she likes, her favorite beverage, stuff like that.  "I was at the store and I know you like x, so i just grabbed it for you".  Stuff like that.  Small gestures mean a lot  :D

I was driving the other day, and I saw a lady putting on lipstick in her rearview mirror :o  I was so upset, I almost dropped my newspaper

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 18, 2012, 02:16:39 AM »
I think those last two are the most concerning.
lol

Because the person i trust least in this world is myself, i do take driving really seriously, my books are all hidden away whilst i drive.

Little surprises help.  I'm sure you know what she likes, her favorite beverage, stuff like that.  "I was at the store and I know you like x, so i just grabbed it for you".  Stuff like that.  Small gestures mean a lot  :D

I was driving the other day, and I saw a lady putting on lipstick in her rearview mirror :o  I was so upset, I almost dropped my newspaper

Such a hassle, but hopefully worth it. Letting her think i didn't notice her stealing my hat, so i could arrange to steal it back and talk to her more, just a lot of effort.
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 18, 2012, 02:18:25 AM »
Is it time? Am I jumping the gun here with the theme?  ;D

You know, you'd think after being in a great relationship for 3 years I would have some advice to add...
But I do not  :P
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: February 18, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »
Hey good for you, I don't expect to get any real advice except from sitcoms. lol

Also great choice for super villain
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 18, 2012, 02:22:32 AM »
GW, it doesn't matter if you can do a lot of things. I was able to read and have normal conversations since I was a child, as well as I am watching TV and writing now. But reading when another person is talking is supposed to be a lack of respect anyway. At least, that is here in Argentina. It would be considered rude for most people. And is specially rude to do that to a teacher, who is doing her job.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 18, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »
That's just one thing that came to me..  and it is really good advice.  Worth the hassle.  Girls look into stuff like that more than you would think.  Be non-chalant about it.  Don't make it too flashy or expensive.  Little stuff.  It shows her that you were thinking about her, and went out of your way for her.

Dina, am I right?  I'd like a woman's opinion.  Do you like little surprises from your husband?

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 18, 2012, 02:26:07 AM »
Oohhhh noo, GW. Sitcoms are badd.
Just be yourself and confident. Chicks dig confident.
Also... pheromones.

And thanks haha, I watched Unbreakable not even knowing what is was about or who directed it. Needless to say, it got me good.
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 18, 2012, 02:28:49 AM »
Dina it is rude. I just can't force myself. I try to pay full attention to stuff, but i can never do it. In   a lot of things i just can't function anymore without reading a book, i get twitchy i suppose. Ever since my teacher in 4th grade gave me the first harry potter in first grade and said i couldn't go to recess until i finished it (at that point my reading level was at a kindergarden level) it's just been ingrained. All my english teachers took me aside in high school and told me if i didn't want to pay attention i did not have to, i could read if i wanted to. It's wrong i know. But i feel better not doing what i do when i do pay attention because that is much much worse for everyone.

I ask questions.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 18, 2012, 02:30:47 AM »
It looks like you've identified a flaw.  The next step is to work on changing it.

Offline Doroga's Cousin

• Needs A Life
  • Not sure if Correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 18, 2012, 02:31:37 AM »
If I read in my English class the teacher would pick up the book and throw it at me from across the room. :P
Is it just me or is it getting a little solipsistic in here?

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 18, 2012, 02:32:17 AM »
If I read in my English class the teacher would pick up the book and throw it at me from across the room. :P

The laws'll catch up someday...

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 18, 2012, 02:34:05 AM »

Wow...I'm a pretty calm, mellow dude, but if someone did that to me...(rage)

I try to be nice, respectful, and courteous to all people. But, like a certain wizard, I have severe authority issues and much the same reactions Dresden would. (Minus the fire)