Author Topic: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.  (Read 472990 times)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.
« Reply #1800 on: February 18, 2012, 01:32:07 AM »
It's acually interesting being in school now that I'm a bit more mature.  I treat my classes more like a job than an entitlement.

You are right, Dina.  Respect is important in a setting like that.
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 18, 2012, 01:32:17 AM »
Yeah i went back and told him that i read the book he was saying was such a difficult read, that we are going focus on for awhile, that we need his help to understand, back when i was a freshman in high school.

Dina i respect my teachers too much to pretend i care what they are saying half the time. That's not how i learn, i learn from reading.

Honestly in college i only read if the subject we are on is easy or i already know it
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 18, 2012, 01:35:24 AM »
If you learn from reading, you shouldn't be there. You should been reading at home. And sigh, I sometimes feel so far from you, people...
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 18, 2012, 01:36:26 AM »
Can't get a degree staying at home Dina
Sir  Reginald.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 18, 2012, 01:37:14 AM »
Damn, you are really weird.  :o
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 18, 2012, 01:37:36 AM »
Aside from the fact that there's probably another guy involved, it's a great idea.

I am a terrible coward, his reasons are better than mine.

It's weird..  I've been out of the game for a while (for various reasons), and my current situations isn't ideal to have a relationship.  And that's what I would be looking for.  I was never much of a hook-up guy to begin with, and now I'm wanting an actual companion a lot more than just someone to have a fling with.

I'm not sure what to do, myself.  I've never had much "game", as they call it.  I just meet someone and things tend to develop naturally.  Somehow, I just know when the time is right to make a move.  That hasn't been happening for me lately, though. 

So, I am as significant-otherless as the two of you.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 18, 2012, 01:40:12 AM »
Can't get a degree staying at home Dina

Haven't you heard of the University of Pheonix?

But yeah, Dina.  This time around, I'm learning the lessons of my past errors.  You shuld be going to class and paying attention.  A good professor does not teach out of the book.  He adds to the subject matter, so you need both reading and lecture to get the most out of the class.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 18, 2012, 01:41:06 AM »
You took my quote in the wrong context, the he was DC, his reasons for not asking are better than mine. I could never be a player. Im a loyalist, same comic shop, same game store, i work hard to protect my friends, i could never be really unserious in a relationship.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 18, 2012, 01:42:42 AM »
You took my quote in the wrong context, the he was DC, his reasons for not asking are better than mine. I could never be a player. Im a loyalist, same comic shop, same game store, i work hard to protect my friends, i could never be really unserious in a relationship.

Oh, sorry for doing that.  I don't understand what you mean, then.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 18, 2012, 01:43:45 AM »
That is the most important thing, I think, Don. As a teacher, I can tell you my experiences and things that they are not in the book. But if you really feel I am totally useless because you can learn all from the books, then (here) you can present to a special test amd that's all. You don't need to come to the classes. But I wouldn't advice you to do that.
Missing you, Md 

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 18, 2012, 01:46:43 AM »
I was saying that i am a coward who has less reason to be one than DC.

Also the girl i was walking with, for like 30 min, completely different person, she was being cowardly also.

Dina im sorry if i offended you, but people have different ways of learning. I can learn most stuff from books than from teachers because im not good with making what they say make sense in my head. But if its in print then the connection makes sense. Even when i read i still take notes on what they say and later learn from the notes, because it's in print and that connection comes.I just read whilst i take notes.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 18, 2012, 01:52:49 AM »
Sorry, I have a whole life of been taught that reading when another people is talking is a serious lack of respect (my parents would have been so embarrased if they learn I was reading in HS or college...). And as a teacher I would felt offended if that happened to me. I would send the student out.
 I am not discussing your way of learning, that is personal.  I wish you could have the same chance that my students have, taking the special test and not coming to see me.

Edited to add; Dinner time, I will be back soon  :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:55:50 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 18, 2012, 01:56:57 AM »
That is the most important thing, I think, Don. As a teacher, I can tell you my experiences and things that they are not in the book. But if you really feel I am totally useless because you can learn all from the books, then (here) you can present to a special test amd that's all. You don't need to come to the classes. But I wouldn't advice you to do that.

And also, from the other side of things, I was a student who liked to slide by by doing the bear minimum.  I'm pretty smart, and I'm a good student when I apply myself.  I skipped a lot of class but stayed on top of everything else.  There's a ceiling.  Trust me.  If you relly want to be successful in college, the single best thing you can do is attend class regularly!  That's not the only thing, but it is, by far, the most important thing.  Showing up prepared is good too.  You get more out of it that way, but just showing up and paying attention (taking good notes) goes a long way.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 18, 2012, 01:57:34 AM »
Kind of missed what i was saying, i still learn from the teacher, just not usually till later when i go over the notes from class which i took on what the teacher was saying.
Sir  Reginald.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 18, 2012, 02:03:32 AM »
I was saying that i am a coward who has less reason to be one than DC.

Also the girl i was walking with, for like 30 min, completely different person, she was being cowardly also.

Still don't understand, but I sincerely hope things continue to develop between the two of you.