Author Topic: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.  (Read 473005 times)

Offline Doc Chaos

• Posty McPostington
  • He who cannot deny Fate
    • View Profile
Re: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.
« Reply #1035 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »
Glad you understand my point. ;D
Surely there is not another language that is so slipshod and systemless, and so slippery and elusive to the grasp.
-from 'The awful German language' by Mark Twain

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
Glad you understand my point. ;D

Always Doc  ::)
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 16, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
Hi, peeps! Wow, in the last time the weird thread grows faster than I can catch up with...  :D
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 16, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
Hi LC!!!!

There is new people in the SHOV (cenwolfgirl, metalFae) and they are good talkers  :). And Don, GW and me are no shy too.

How are you? How is the weather treating you?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 16, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
Good morning, ((Dina))!

Yeah, I'm gonna catch up on reading to get to know them a bit....

Well, I'm sure Doc told you guys, that we're not freezing at -15°C in the morning anymore... Now it feels almost warm, -4°C at night +1° during lunch... But a LOT of snow... Lots of flights were canceled in the last 3 days....
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. -Terry Pratchett

I love finger sandwiches. The distal phalanges have such a nice, delicate crunch.

Offline Doc Chaos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 16, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »
WOHOOOO, hey LC!! :) So good to see you here again! :)
Surely there is not another language that is so slipshod and systemless, and so slippery and elusive to the grasp.

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 16, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »
Yeah, home early... So I thought I check up the forum before I go and take a look at an apartment.... ;)

The last one I saw had a tiny kitchen and the landlord wanted refference from the last 3 landlords... I told the real estate agent I have only the phone number of my current landlord... The last one moved from Heidelberg to Houston TX with his daughter.... And the one in Bucharest which would be the third on the list... Don't have any contact information anymore... The answer was "Well, then it's settled, because the landlord wants solid refferences".

Offline MetalFae

• Posty McPostington
  • ~Tiny, but fierce!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 16, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »
Hello Weird!

Hey. Um. Something I've noticed. Some people have certain Spoiler-ish signatures. I saw someone earlier this week with a RIP Bob picture in their Signature.  :'( I've only JUST started Ghost Stories...So it's kind of a buzz kill for me to see that stuff. Just a heads up, there are still New people that are in the middle of the series. Thanks! :D

In other news...What's up with everyone? I saw some talk about people coming out of the closet in some earlier posts. I had a friend who came out to me a few years ago. I just laughed and said, "Well Duh! I knew the whole time, I was wondering when you would tell me!" :)

Clinic is busy today but I can pop in every now and then. *Sips her coffee* I got ready in record time today. 10 minutes! I overslept and still made it to work on time... go me! :D
MF you  should stop shoving things in peoples mouths. I'm feeling left out. :(
Oh really? Huh. Well this is awkward.

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 16, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
Hi, MetalFae! Nice to meet you!

RIP Bob is no spoiler... Bob was a forum member that used the DF Bob picture as his avatar... Sadly he passed away, and the members are still honouring him in their signatures...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:16:09 PM by LavinChen »

Offline Doc Chaos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 16, 2012, 04:15:54 PM »
Yeah, home early... So I thought I check up the forum before I go and take a look at an apartment.... ;)

The last one I saw had a tiny kitchen and the landlord wanted refference from the last 3 landlords... I told the real estate agent I have only the phone number of my current landlord... The last one moved from Heidelberg to Houston TX with his daughter.... And the one in Bucharest which would be the third on the list... Don't have any contact information anymore... The answer was "Well, then it's settled, because the landlord wants solid refferences".

Wow, paranoid landlord. Kepping my thumbs pressed (as we say in Germany) for your hunt for a new apartment! :)

Offline MetalFae

• Posty McPostington
  • ~Tiny, but fierce!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 16, 2012, 04:17:59 PM »
Holy wow. *Heaves a sigh of relief* Thank goodness! That was scaring me! Lol *waves* Nice to meet you too!

Offline LavinChen

• Needs A Life
  • FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 16, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »
Wow, paranoid landlord. Kepping my thumbs pressed (as we say in Germany) for your hunt for a new apartment! :)

Thank you! Doc, you're absolutely right...and such a paranoid landlord probably has stipulated in the rent lease that I can't paint the apartment other than white... Or something like it... So good riddance...

MF, you're welcome... Love your avatar!  :)

Offline MetalFae

• Posty McPostington
  • ~Tiny, but fierce!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 16, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »
Wow, Lavin. I agree with DC, that's a super paranoid LandLord! It's not like you're buying a house... jeez! o.o

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 16, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
(((((((LC))))))))

Hi again, have a few moments to spare to chat in weird.  :)

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 16, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »
Doc, I'll try and have speaks with you tomorrow. Still trying to catch up.
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.