Author Topic: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.  (Read 472690 times)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.
« Reply #375 on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:08 AM »
*Sighs* Your not going to make this easy, are you?

I never make anything easy.  It is my way.

When did Don become a Mod why was i not invited to the ceremony

I can use the Fist of God voice just as much as anyone else.  By the time I respond to a post, I have 7 more to respond to...

Night, SHS..  Night Otlan..  maybe?
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 15, 2012, 05:37:26 AM »
I'd rather have them be lovers. I can just think of Christopher pike and the new Spock...

I looke dit up, and the word is 'T'H'yla which means either brother sor lovers. Its old school vulcan from the days when one male had most of the females and the lesser males lived ina seperate herd.

(ironcally, its not the alpha male in charge- its the eldest female. vuclans and romaulans are seriously matriarchal)

Gene Roddenberry admitted in an interview that they do love each other well enough that sex would not be out of the question. In fact, it's because of Roddenberry and his direct influence that the guys seem Gay at all. GR envisioned the Kirk/Spock relationship as a love relationship from the start, and he explicitly asked the writers to portray it that way. And they agreed, and gave him what he asked for. Bear in mind that none of that would be in the show at all if it hadn't deliberately been put there.

so its canon..they might be or might not be. much like the identity of spocks wife, we will never know.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2012, 05:38:09 AM »
And on the subject of Ender's Shadow.. I was tricked!

I picked it up before Ender's Game, and that author's foreward said that Shadow would be just as good of a book to start with as Game.  I missed out on the ending..

Offline Otlan

• Seriously?
  • Screw your courage to the sticking place...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2012, 05:38:37 AM »
I never make anything easy.  It is my way.

I can use the Fist of God voice just as much as anyone else.  By the time I respond to a post, I have 7 more to respond to...

Night, SHS..  Night Otlan..  maybe?

*Pokes you meekly with a Stick* I'll teach you...toooo note..Mak things...Ezy....*Passes out*
Rest Well Mdodd, and Please Watch over Us...

Relinquo spes totus ye quisnam penetro hic...

Strong like bull, smart like tractor, smooth like brick - smell like goat!

Offline Sorryman105

• Posty McPostington
  • Come into the dungeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2012, 05:39:36 AM »
I looke dit up, and the word is 'T'H'yla which means either brother sor lovers. Its old school vulcan from the days when one male had most of the females and the lesser males lived ina seperate herd.

(ironcally, its not the alpha male in charge- its the eldest female. vuclans and romaulans are seriously matriarchal)

so its canon..they might be or might not be. much like the identity of spocks wife, we will never know.

All i got from this is spock got a wife and a lover...damn he was a playa.
Forevermore we shall giggle and snicker in our rightful place, this place, OUR BAR!

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41:09 AM »
Hey..  That's my necro rod!

*snatches necro rod from Ot's sleep relaxed hand.*

This is not a toy!  Good thing you don't have the True Magic in you, or else I would have been in trouble

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2012, 05:42:18 AM »
Ms. Duck, what is your source.
In the new continuity, everything can happen, no problem with that, but the new Spock seems to be too fond of Uhura.

Don, sorry about Ender. Yes, I was angry when I read that OSC had said that. Is not the same!

Also, Don, leave that alone NOW.

Doc, at least you have something to read at work.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2012, 05:42:33 AM »
it wa skind of funny when i googled-

i got 150,000 sites by young guys all screaming ' NOOO ! kirk was the pimp!"

and then quotes from -

shatner- yes
nimoy- maybe, its undefined
roddenbery- i wrote it on purpose so it can be either
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2012, 05:43:22 AM »
And on the subject of Ender's Shadow.. I was tricked!

I picked it up before Ender's Game, and that author's foreward said that Shadow would be just as good of a book to start with as Game.  I missed out on the ending..

Missed out how? the surprise? You should read all of them. as they are all good, but i much prefer the Bean series to the Ender series.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:19 AM »

Don, sorry about Ender. Yes, I was angry when I read that OSC had said that. Is not the same!

I think I told you that.  I remember the conversation.  You wanted to tell OSC to take it out, so I told you to stand atop one of the tallest mountains on the Andes and yell really loud  ;D

I forgot all about it..  Can't just leave it on the floor for anyone to stumble across..  Ot could have hurt himself..

*whispers* Don't worry, my sweet.  Daddy's here*whispers*

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:35 AM »
Ms. Duck, what is your source.
In the new continuity, everything can happen, no problem with that, but the new Spock seems to be too fond of Uhura.

Doc, at least you have something to read at work.

Im talking old school

the show was mad ein the 60s, they couldnt have an openly gay couple. so they dropped a lot of hints.

then when the movies hit, they stopped being subtle ;P

its something st geeks like to argue about. the ST writers deliberately dont give you the answer- for example, they never reveal who spocks partner is prior to kirk's death.

(they implied in ST3 that his future wife is saavik, wghich is justw rong, as ST2 has saavik being kirk and spock's adopted daughter)

(she actually a romulan, ya know. they foudn her on an abandonded romulan colony. its why she does thing slike cuss, drink, and cry)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2012, 05:49:11 AM »
Missed out how? the surprise? You should read all of them. as they are all good, but i much prefer the Bean series to the Ender series.

I read Game and Shadow, but Shadow first.  I knew it wasn't the first one, so I specifically read the forward to see if the author had anything to say about what to read first.  He said that reading Shadow first was actually better in a lot of ways...

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2012, 05:51:11 AM »
Ender's game must be read first. And true, Don, I remember that.

Ms. Duck, I mistrust the sources.

Don, if you wave that thing a milimiter towards Ala's direction, you will be wishing you are dead. This will be your fair warning.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2012, 05:51:48 AM »
Wave what thing towards whose direction?

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2012, 05:53:24 AM »
I read Game and Shadow, but Shadow first.  I knew it wasn't the first one, so I specifically read the forward to see if the author had anything to say about what to read first.  He said that reading Shadow first was actually better in a lot of ways...

I hardly think so some inside stuff comes from having read Enders game first (my flavourite of the novels followed closely by Enders Shadow)
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?