Author Topic: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.  (Read 473132 times)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Weird - caught us in mid conversation.
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2012, 09:26:22 PM »
It's just certain concepts in Pharmacology. Pharmacokinetics is what the body does to a drug that is ingested, vs Pharmacodynamics which is what the drug that is ingested does to the body.  :) I find it interesting.

Ahh..  I too fine those things extremely interesting.  I never followed it as a course of study, though.

Brains are where it's at.  I never took a neuroscience course, but I'm taking a Philosophy of Mind course right now.  It's extremely interesting.  Its a metaphysics course centered around the mind..  what it is, how it works, and the implications in the real world.

Challenging, but I'm glad I signed up for it.
---

You didn't scare me away.  Though your avatar is a little intimidating...
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
Your spelling is driving me crazy, Cenwolf  :). But those who live in glass houses...

An avatar with Pennie is perfectly acceptable, several forumites had their pets in their avatars. Most notably Icecream.

okay i tryed it but it did not work (i am not good with computers) so can some one help me as at the moment i can not figer out why it will not work

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2012, 09:32:15 PM »
complaining about hte spelling and not telling me how to crect it (what words i spell wrong) will not help me change it
and i don't mind if you compleain it is apart of who (or what) i am
muhahaha
and if it bugs me i will complain to my blog like a big girl  :)
asuming i cear witch normaly i don't

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »
no more smarties
"curl up with pennie on sofa and mope for a mintue"

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »
Cenwolf, you need to upload the picture to somewhere like Photobucket or whatever, a website (FB, for example, I think) where you can have an URL for the picture. Is it done?

Metal, sorry, I was rather busy with a letter. You didn't scare me. I am a biologist, so your topics sound very interesting, and your avatar is really cool! Even cute, I think.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline MetalFae

• Posty McPostington
  • ~Tiny, but fierce!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »
Ahh..  I too fine those things extremely interesting.  I never followed it as a course of study, though.

Brains are where it's at.  I never took a neuroscience course, but I'm taking a Philosophy of Mind course right now.  It's extremely interesting.  Its a metaphysics course centered around the mind..  what it is, how it works, and the implications in the real world.

Challenging, but I'm glad I signed up for it.
---

You didn't scare me away.  Though your avatar is a little intimidating...

Lol Sorry, is it too menacing of an Avatar? :)

Neuroscience and Psychology/Philosophy is awesome. You would enjoy Ginger Campbell's Neuroscience Podcasts. She explains things so vividly for a podcast and has a cool British accent to boot. ;) You shoud look it up!

Speaking of Brains...Everytime I saute my Brussel Sprouts I feel like I'm cooking miniature Brains... That ever happen to anyone else?? No?  :-[ Lol ;)
MF you  should stop shoving things in peoples mouths. I'm feeling left out. :(
Oh really? Huh. Well this is awkward.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:01 PM »
Speaking of Brains...Everytime I saute my Brussel Sprouts I feel like I'm cooking miniature Brains... That ever happen to anyone else?? No?  :-[ Lol ;)

I admit that idea never crossed my own brain
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
i have it in a FB with a url but it still dose not work could the pictur be to big and if so how do i make it smaller or should i just give up?
i like biolagy i have to do a paper for school by the end of the week that i am only half confident i can do it is a reaserch project

lots of reading lots of migrains not so much fun i love biolagy just don't like to read (if only bio jernles ect came on adio files my life would be much easier) sigh :)
what was that other place you said i could store images to give it a url and wonce i find that how do i go about doing that

Offline MetalFae

• Posty McPostington
  • ~Tiny, but fierce!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »
Metal, sorry, I was rather busy with a letter. You didn't scare me. I am a biologist, so your topics sound very interesting, and your avatar is really cool! Even cute, I think.

Whyyy thank you Dina! As a Biologist I'm sure you can appreciate the topics. :) LOL I know, I'm very strange. The thought hit me the other night when I was making dinner and I couldn't help but laugh at myself and my weird/awkward and sometimes macabre mind. :D

*Gathers her things* I must be gone for a few. I have to get back home now. :) I might be back later in the evening. ((Hugs everyone))
MF you  should stop shoving things in peoples mouths. I'm feeling left out. :(
Oh really? Huh. Well this is awkward.

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Bye, Metal

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
bye  :)

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:48 PM »
i have it in a FB with a url but it still dose not work could the pictur be to big and if so how do i make it smaller or should i just give up?

Do you have any software that display photos with tools that change the photos?

I use my software to adjust the size, then I upload it on imageshack.  I take the "direct" link and past it in the picture slot in the profile section.

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2012, 09:51:07 PM »
Ground Water Contamination is incredibly fascinating. It's just...very, very dense material. Lots of stuff going on.
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »
Cen, I mentioned Photobucket. You have to register. Then you can upload the pictures and resize them or editing as you like. The avatar need to be small. The kosher version is 100 x 100 pixels, or not more than 150 x 150.

Edited to add: Bye, MetalFae. I am leaving too, going home. See you later!!!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:04:21 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »
Cen, I mentioned Photobucket. You have to register. Then you can upload the pictures and resize them or editing as you like. The avatar need to be small. The kosher version is 100 x 100 pixels, or not more than 150.

I always make the larger dimension 150.  It seems to work well.  My current avatar's width is 150 pixels.

And yes, Ark, groundwater is a fascinating topic.  Extremely important, too.  Out of sight, out of mind..  people don't seem to appreciate its import.