Author Topic: looking around at other forums  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
looking around at other forums
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:05:49 AM »
Just want to draw everyone's attention to some of the other forums here - especially the WoJ one.

And I can't say why without giving spoilers - but since some of the information can help world build for our games I'll post in the RPG spoiler sub forum with some mind blowing information.

Richard
Edit: There's a reason why I'm not posting the thread here.  When Jim gets talking he gives hints for the entire series - and sometimes that includes the trilogy he plans to end the series with.  Any WoJ can include an offhanded remark that could spoil parts of the series - which is why there are spoiler forums on this board.

Here's an example: Jim said that his most recently published book, Ghost Story, is set
(click to show/hide)

The mind blowing stuff in the thread in the spoiler forum is, well, mind blowing.  Off the cuff comments that refer to an IoP that is about the equal of one of the Swords of the Cross, info on Harry's mom - stuff like that.  If you don't want to risk reading what may be series wide spoilers, don't enter the spoiler forums (which include the DF Spoilers, WoJ, and DFRPG Spoilers forums).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:31:05 PM by Richard_Chilton »

Offline GryMor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: looking around at other forums
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:43:10 AM »
Is there a specific thread/post you are thinking of that you can link to inside a spoiler tag?

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »
The follow up thread can be found at:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,31020.0.html

The source of that knowledge can found at:
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,26792.15.html - where volunteers have transcribed various interviews and Con appearances.  Sometimes they just have the question there but you can listen to the cast (linked at the top of each message) for the full answer.

The part I was referring to was a title that some wizards earn and the existence of a couple of IoPs - including the IDing of the dagger that Lea was given at the party and it was the equal of that the sword she gave in exchange.

Richard
Edit: Again - don't seek out spoilers if you don't want to know things that might, um, spoil upcoming books.  Many of Jim's spoilers only make sense in hindsight, but there are some that are pretty blatant.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:16:12 PM by Richard_Chilton »

Offline Orladdin

• Conversationalist
  • The Undauntable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:08:12 PM »
It might be good to note that these are potentially Series-Breadth spoilers and they deal with Lea in Grave Peril and Changes.
There is never a blanket answer to an ethical question.  This includes the Laws of Magic.

Perpetrator of The Cold Days Release FAQ

"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones."
-- The Doctor, Timewyrm: Genesys