Author Topic: Unauthorized ebook downloads  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
Unauthorized ebook downloads
« on: February 10, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
I thought there used to be a thread for reporting this sort of thing so it could be passed along to those whom it would concern, but I couldn't find it.  [SNIPPED]

Thanks!  For future reference, just PM stuff like this to me or one of the other mods.  I'd rather these links not be posted publicly.  The "report" function is only used to bring existing threads to the attention of the mods.

Priscilla
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:16:27 PM by Priscellie »
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Unauthorized ebook downloads
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »
Passing this on to Penguin. Thanks for your vigilance!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »
Thanks guys!  If I see something like that again I'll make sure to PM one of you.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
Pirates need to die in a fire.  >:(
Old gods. New gods. Aren't they all the same?

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 06:52:02 PM »
... and the fact that such a link as that was sitting out in the open went right past me. *facepalm*
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »
There, there, you can't keep your eyes on ALL the links everywhere! That's why you have the fine folks on this forum. :)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 07:04:47 PM »
No, I meant "here in this thread". And I COMMENTED on it without advising WH to remove the link itself or giving the same suggestion that Priscellie made. That's what I meant.

Getting slack in my old(er) age.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »
Ah. I don't think though, that anyone on this forum would really use that link except to rain insults on them, so it shouldn't matter if it took you a little while to fix it. :)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »
Priscellie fixed it. I must be getting soft. *looks for Iron Rod of Discipline* *finds frozen Snickers bar instead*

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 07:36:28 PM »
*finds frozen Snickers bar instead*
That would be what's causing that softness your feeling. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 07:37:50 PM »
That would be what's causing that softness your feeling. :D

I don't eat the things. My wife does. Now say that to her. But give me a ten-minute warning; I want to be sure to be out of the blast radius.

Offline Spot

• Posty McPostington
  • Lazer eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:40:18 PM »
Priscellie being who she is, you need not find that Iron Rod of Discipline. :P

And *gasp* Snickers bars don't make you soft. Shame on you, Wizard H for insinuating such things. (I may be a little scared of the "blast radius" comment - I don't want to be in the blast radius either!)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 12:25:25 AM »
I knew you were a softie, Shecky  :P
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Cspastic3

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
I know how touchy the subject is, but I thought it worth the effort to point out a site offering all of Jim's books for free .epub download.  [link removed]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:07:40 PM by Priscellie »

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
I've sent a copy of the link over to Prisc.  She'll see it's handled.  Thanks for the heads up, although for future reference, it's best just to PM any of the Moderators or Bartenders with the link so we can check things out with out offering advertising for the pirates.

Thanks again for letting us know!