Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 131664 times)

cenwolfgirl

Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »
i have a younger sister but we no longer rely speak to each other
even thou we live under the same roof :(
i like my own company a lot its safer

thanks
good luck everyone

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
Okay starting my new seen about 100 words in

Finerly some new writing

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 20, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »
Yay for you!

I didn't write last night but I got a few words down the night before...about 1000 altogether.  I resurrected an old story that I'd almost decided to abandon, but got inspired to work on...and then I edited another one.

All in all, not a bad night for me.   :)
"I exist, therefore, I obsess."

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 20, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »
No writing this week, but lots of Organizational stuff, and research.  I plan on a nice sit down writing session as a reward for all that icky stuff this afternoon.

I'm doing some sci-fi stuff and want some things to be researched well enough that I'm not doing Weird Gizmo Super Science, but I'm not going into the level of detail required for Hard Science.  While acknowledging and using enough Hard Science concepts to at least smell like Hard Sci Fi.  So I guess my stuff will have a thin and crunchy science shell the casual reader can enjoy and appreciate while the more geekety reader like myself can say "ah, well, at least he is aware of concept xyz and the need to take into account pdq, decent enough technobabble I suppose."

It's surprising how what you learn from one bit of research invariably leads to more research.  Does that seem fair?

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2012, 03:16:17 PM »
Well I haven't been writting what I would call anything productive.  But I did sit down and crank out 1500 words yesterday on a story start.  I probably won't go back to it for a while, if I ever do, the idea just gripped me and I had to write it.  But regardless its a good sign.  That I am starting to get back in teh saddle.

have a blast,

The Depoesed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »
yesterday you did just under the length of the entire part of of my story that i am writing

oh and i have another 190 something words since i was last here
that for me is productive

(being slowne down by sneezing all most all the time ::) )

good luck everyone  ;D

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
It has just occurred to me, (thought prompted by rereading Thicker than Water and appreciating that it's signed to me), that if I ever got published, and were inscribing a book for anyone I know from here, I could do it with a large flowing capital "N" followed by a euro sign. Is that cool, or just silly ?
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
that would be rely cool
or at least i think so
 :)

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
yesterday you did just under the length of the entire part of of my story that i am writing

good luck everyone  ;D

Any writing is better than none.   :)  Just hope I can beat my word count tomorrow.  Won't have time today to write a single word, unless I skip a little RL stuff, if I can.

Ahh...darn allergies again?  I feel for you.  People here who have never had allergy problems in their lives have them this year.

Right now it's very hot and very dry, which is good for me, allergy wise.  I tend to do worse in damp, cooler conditions, which means I'm more sensitive to molds.

And my asthma is tied in to the allergies, so when they are bad, the asthma is worse.   :(

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #414 on: June 20, 2012, 03:59:01 PM »
well i like the dame
not so fust by cold or hot i don't rely mind
but pollen count is killing my
i keep sneezing and it makes my eyes all sore and ichy witch makes it even harder to see
witch is just a pain

but hay i got over 200 words and am going to try and hit 500 if i can  ;D

good luck everyone

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #415 on: June 20, 2012, 04:11:41 PM »

good luck everyone  ;D

well authors all write at different paces.

I know david drake writes 500 words a day.  Rain or shine, without fail.

While other authors work in flashes.  They pound it out and then stop for a long while.

Of course then there are those like John Ringo, who are just plain old writing animals.  I heard he normally writes 5k a day, but when he's really in the groove he will write for 18 hour days, and pull some 10k days.  I heard he actually did something like 20k words in a single marathon writing session.  I understand this was a one time occurance, while 10k are very occasional.  Regardless I can't imagine doing 20k in a day, ever.   In addition he was putting out how many books a year there for a while.  Was it 4?  I don't know all I know is that it was a lot.

Anyway I guess my point is.  We all write at different paces.  And many successful authors use many different strategies.  So don't let someone else's word count get you down in teh mouth.  Just look to david drake for an example.  He's a full time writer and only does 500 a day.  Yet he does a book or two every year.  Dedication and persistance.  Then for others, look at Ringo.  Most of us will never putt out the kind of quality product, let alone the sheer volume he can do in a day.

For myself I count myself lucky if I can sit down, and having the whole day free, crank out 5k.  When I am busy with life and such...  I'l certainly settle for much less.  The main thing it be albe to put your work towards continuing story lines.  So that whatever you do it all piles up in the end, towards completing something.

have a good one and remember to always follow the dream,

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #416 on: June 20, 2012, 04:16:18 PM »
 ;D

well i would have gotten more
but i did a lot of reaserch for those 200 words
so 2hours and 45 minuets
if i have a hole day i could do 500 ish words but i did not
and rely do

slow and steady that is me  ;D

good luck and thank you  ;D

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
CWG...We should all be proud of whatever we accomplish in a day, whether it's writing or research, or just thinking about what comes next.

The goal we set for ourselves is the only one that matters.  We know when we've done well and when we didn't, and I'm always happy to get anything written down!   :)

And now I must brace myself for an encounter with the outside world, make my way through the stifling heat.  Ugh.  Just thinking about it makes me cringe.   :P

Deposed King:
How great it would be to have an entire day to write.  Wow.  I can only dream of that.  I've come close a couple of times, by blocking out every possible interference, no matter how many times they pounded on my door.   :D

And published authors have a commitment that drives them, and I suppose after a while you develop a discipline that allows you to meet your goals.  Thank goodness I don't have that kind of pressure.  I don't do well when someone is breathing down my neck.   :-\

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #418 on: June 20, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »
strangly i have found that i can work quite well to a dead line
teachers love to set them
you get rely good at it
have fun with the out side world thing Zuriel

yeah a good day is 100+ words
for me  ;D
i like my low and stady aproch it seems to work (for me)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #419 on: June 21, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
i have gotten about 100 words to day
if that
it is mostly new stuff i think this chapter is going to be rely short though  :-\