Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 129891 times)

cenwolfgirl

Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2012, 07:31:14 AM »
i got 300 words for yesterday witch is he most all week

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2012, 01:49:15 AM »
I have been a bad, bad author. Not only have I not gotten anything written in a while but I went back and started rewriting some of what I already had.

I know I should just let my bad writing out and fix it later but it's very hard for me especially when I am not happy with what I have written.

Though the changes I made are not huge. I mostly just changed a few words to make the starting setting a Inn as the main character and his masters travel to the main setting. I also am going to have the main character be aware of magic and that he is being trained to be a mage but as of yet has no real magical talent.

Found a nice little cafe with no internet access that I may start going to in order to get some work done even though it is a bit of a walk from my apartment. My apartment is not a conductive working environment because I keep getting distracted by the shininess of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2012, 01:54:55 AM »
Not much in the way of words, but my next scene/chapter has been redoing itself in a way that is more organic and natural, and just makes more sense given the characters involved while also providing a better bridge to future scenes.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2012, 04:27:55 AM »
Beautiful weekend filled w friends and family, but I hate that not one word got on the page. OK, I will admit why I am peeved--I got elder scrolls skyrim. I Hate When I Do That!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2012, 09:23:35 AM »
Going to try and finish the first chapter tonight or flesh out one of my races cultures and back story.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
having to take a back seat and only do bits and peases to the first draft of the second book till i get exams out the way and get the second draft of the first book back from being spell checked
but after exams i shall be more active with both maybe get the first one to a point where i will start liserning to the people telling me to try andget it published (i don't think its finished yet and want to get exams out of the way first)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:29 PM »
having to take a back seat and only do bits and peases to the first draft of the second book till i get exams out the way and get the second draft of the first book back from being spell checked
but after exams i shall be more active with both maybe get the first one to a point where i will start liserning to the people telling me to try andget it published (i don't think its finished yet and want to get exams out of the way first)

Cranked out a couple thousand words.  Up to 66k on the sequel right now!

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Chirios

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »
Ten thousand words done, about half the way through.

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:15 AM »
Discovering Kvothe, Kingkiller has been preventing me from writing.  Yet another crime laid at his feet.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 06:32:49 PM »
Cranked out a couple thousand words.  Up to 66k on the sequel right now!

The Deposed King

well goody for you
bet you don't have exams to revise for getting in your way (i am geluse sorry)
well done never got a story to be that long persanly 66,000 sounds like a lot of words

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »
well goody for you
bet you don't have exams to revise for getting in your way (i am geluse sorry)
well done never got a story to be that long persanly 66,000 sounds like a lot of words

There is always something to slow you down.  Life gets in your way.  The important thing it tenacity and determination.  The old Galaxy Quest line, 'Never give up.  Never Surrender!'

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »

There is always something to slow you down.  Life gets in your way.  The important thing it tenacity and determination.  The old Galaxy Quest line, 'Never give up.  Never Surrender!'

The Deposed King

lol

i havent given up just put it lower down on the priorties list for a little wile

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »
I really wish that wonder drug from the movie Limitless was real. So hard to work up the attention span long enough to get anything done. Along with all the crazy that goes on in life.

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »
I just finished the steel article. (7.4K words) A day of polishing and I'll be sending it off Sat night. The worst problem was sourcing the production rate for the iron produced from "X" type furnace....

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
okay so got lodes of school wrk done this week so this morning i took a brake and wort about 500-600 words and broke the 8,000 word barier that has been aluding me these last few munths on my curent book
witch is good

CWG

P.s. good luck with all your writting everyone  :)