Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 129893 times)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »
Dog walking is good.  Another plot fail sorted itself out today.  The dog is going to be exhausted by the time I'm done.

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »
Dog walking is good.  Another plot fail sorted itself out today.  The dog is going to be exhausted by the time I'm done.

Give him co-author, he'll get over it, I'm sure.

At least your thinking breaks are healthier. I take smoke breaks, but only because I'm somewhere the smokes are cheap enough to do so.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2012, 08:41:04 PM »
You know, I may just do that.  ;D

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
school and dog walking are normaly my brakes
she enjoys it though
yes shades dog walking is a good way of getting thing sorted out in your head  ;D

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:20 PM »
things are bumping along. Back tracking a bit, as I pulled out a large segment and dumped into the 'cut out doc to insert later' plus I did some heavy hitting editing to crispen my verbs. therefore total word count down, but so much accomplished. my spiral pad is filled with names, with world rules, with plot points, with delicious hints and clues. Very Satisfying.

best news, is that after a weekend writer's conference, I am committed. My goal might be to have my gazillionth final draft done in time for Williamette in Oregon in August. that will be a push.

just noticed I'm e e cummings my caps again. usually that is a good sign. too busy to care. :-)
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2012, 07:36:37 AM »
After a more than a week hiatus, I got 2600 words in a sitting.  Of course, working 12 - 16 hours every day, when I want to write, it means I'm cutting into precious sleep.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:27:07 PM by DragonEyes »
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »
i did not get much done yesterday after finishing the chapter i was working on
but to day if i get a scentence it would be progress as i am ill and sleep sounds like a plain but i have to do work for school
ha thats about as likly as gravity is to stop working on earth in the next five mins
exstreamly not likly

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2012, 02:58:00 AM »
Honestly my thinking place is in the bathroom. I have come up with some good plot points while taking a long shower or brushing my teeth.

I have been considering going to a Acupuncturist/chiropractor to help with my tension and sinus issues which make it hard to think. Luckily I live in a country where these things are affordable and can actually be covered by insurance. Yay Korea.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012, 03:27:45 AM »
Honestly my thinking place is in the bathroom. I have come up with some good plot points while taking a long shower or brushing my teeth.

I have been considering going to a Acupuncturist/chiropractor to help with my tension and sinus issues which make it hard to think. Luckily I live in a country where these things are affordable and can actually be covered by insurance. Yay Korea.

Get in a bathtub with a wooden tray table of some kind and do your writing in there.  Its risky for the lap top but hey if its the only way to overcome...

8)

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 04:35:16 AM »
Monitor and PC on the other side of the room, set to large font.  Keyboard on a loooong cable?  Does USB2 carry enough juice to make for a Murder She Wrote episode? 

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 05:09:03 AM »
I live in a studio apartment in Korea, I don't have a bathtub.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »
in the shower, actualy i got the idea for my first book (ever will stearing at my reflection in the bathroom miror) it had nothing to do with my reflection

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:25 AM »
I live in a studio apartment in Korea, I don't have a bathtub.

Well that kind of kills that idea.  I hope things work out for you and you can find your groove.

Got back to writing some of my second book Admiral's Gambit.  Spat out another 2k words.  Hopefully the second book turns out just as good as the first.  Up to 60k with the Gambit.  Perhaps I'm being inspired by the beta readers to get off my duff.  I've written about 5 or 6 new starts and bailed on all of them around 10k words.  Its time to bear down on something.  (Hopefully this time I'll stay beared down!)

have a good one peeps.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2012, 07:21:55 AM »
I am starting two new projects tonight, one on steel production in an alternate universe, and one on constructing machine tools from scratch. My dead line is two weeks to get both done, figuring 3 to 5K each should take two or three nights to rough out, as the research is done.

Grins,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »
I'm rolling through half a dozen stories for the Battlecorps site and sent back contracts for a story and some sourcebook writing, with occasional side trips into my original Urban fantasy novel....

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com