Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 131720 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:52 AM »

Way to go PG.  Aim for the bleachers!!!

The Deposed King

Hey, thanks!  I can't really say what I'm aiming for, except to tell it until it's done.  The way new scenes make themselves up, I can't even guess. 

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2012, 07:16:14 AM »
2100 words yesterday... They were mostly descriptive, with limited dialogue. Descriptive seems to flow much smoother for me than dialogue though. I understand for most authors the opposite is true.  Brings me to 15700 words.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »
yesterday i did 1000 more words witch is good and the most i have done in a wile

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2012, 08:01:32 PM »
Not much new done this week other than some rather productive brainstorming.  Cleaning up and stitching together the stuff I've already got.  Decided to go with chapter titles, because it's turned out to be just too fun not to.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:42 PM »
i do chapter titles yes its fun some of them are rely quite good
or at least i think so
most of the work i am doing at the moment are for the second draft of the second book witch is around 4,050 words and growing as i am working on it wright now

good luck with your chapter titles  :)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 01:14:27 AM »
i do chapter titles yes its fun some of them are rely quite good
or at least i think so
most of the work i am doing at the moment are for the second draft of the second book witch is around 4,050 words and growing as i am working on it wright now

good luck with your chapter titles  :)

I'm slowly coming to the realization that Chapters of some sort are a must.  Whether simply numbered or with the more fun, descriptors.

Good luck with the writing.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
my book(s) would not work with out chapters
it makes serten things easia yes
good luke Deposed King

i need to do 1600 words to day with out starting a new chapter
well i might need some luck with that

good luck everyone with your books

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »
Hard a brainstorm out walking the dog.  Finally knocked out 1000 words.  Woohoo!

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »
well don shades  ;D
i finished chapter 6 started chapter 7 got to intreduce a charictor i have been rely looking farwared to type about for a wile now so to day was a good day  ;D

good luck with your writting everyone

CWG

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »
I've been playing with the free trial of the Scrivener program mentioned in the "Tools for Authors" thread.  It's proven to be a very handy tool for organization and recording the odd fragment or idea for later scenes I'm not ready to write yet.  If anyone has brilliant ideas, gems of dialogue and then uses them, this program will be invaluable.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »
that sounds cool i think you should put it in that writers tools thread before someone disides it got permently derailed or somthing  ;D

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2012, 09:52:14 PM »
I've been playing with the free trial of the Scrivener program mentioned in the "Tools for Authors" thread.  It's proven to be a very handy tool for organization and recording the odd fragment or idea for later scenes I'm not ready to write yet.  If anyone has brilliant ideas, gems of dialogue and then uses them, this program will be invaluable.

I've been using yWriter, also in there. I just got the Scrivener for Linux port (which is free for now) and have been playing with it but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »
2300 words this evening, not too shabby considering how long I slept in and all the puttering around I did.  If I could sit down and work for 3 or four hours in one block I'd be a holy terror.  Total project that's in "final draft" state is weighing in at about 23K, not counting scraps and the like.

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 07:12:00 AM »
I have finished the rough draft of the current story. Rough, as in the story needing splinters and rasp level smoothing. But now the refining starts and I can get it turned in on time.
Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
i have nearly got to the end of my seventh chapter of my curent book thats in first draft level
trying to refine the other one thats nearly finished waiting for spellings to be checked but got about 300 words done in an hour witch is not bad considering i was also doing chem home work at the same time

good luck with your writting everyone

CWG