Author Topic: AP Podcast - City on the River  (Read 13350 times)

Offline archmagelite

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: AP Podcast - City on the River
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:16 AM »
Ive been listening to the cast since episode one, and i have to say that not only do i like the story, but im also enjoying the "table" in general.

Offline Watson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 09:24:49 AM »
One thing that you might already be doing, but have the players done any adjustments to their characters through the "Minor Milestones" (i.e. after each session)?

Offline mremann

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • City On The River
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
Yes I have been doing Minor Milestones in between sessions, so far people haven't really changed much around, though I think Kiero may have used one to change some of Faris' skills around. At the end of last session everybody got a Significant Milestone, but people are still thinking about how to spend it.

Offline mremann

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • City On The River
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
Know Your Enemy - Episode 3 - Part 2 is now live!

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
Yes I have been doing Minor Milestones in between sessions, so far people haven't really changed much around, though I think Kiero may have used one to change some of Faris' skills around. At the end of last session everybody got a Significant Milestone, but people are still thinking about how to spend it.

I did consider a Stunt-switch in preparation for the fight, but didn't bother in the end. Oriana's player did switch Contacts and I think Rapport around for that session, and made good use of Contacts during.

Sort of appropriate that I used my Significant Milestone at the end of the session to raise my Weapons to Superb (+5). That'll probably stay there til I raise my Inhuman Strength to Supernatural Strength, then I'll review how problematic weapon breakage becomes.

Offline Watson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 04:49:20 PM »
I just listened to Episode 3 - Part 2 and must congratulate you to an excellent episode, and most of all, a really well-played fight! It was also by far the most complex fight that I have heard in any DF AP podcast, that in combination with being accurate rules-wise, is a real achievement!  :D

It was also fun to hear the tactical discussions between the players, like "no, it is not worth spending a Fate point for that now because...".

Well done!

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »
I'd forgotten all about the Vladimir Putin tangent. That was just as funny the second time around. :D

I just listened to Episode 3 - Part 2 and must congratulate you to an excellent episode, and most of all, a really well-played fight! It was also by far the most complex fight that I have heard in any DF AP podcast, that in combination with being accurate rules-wise, is a real achievement!  :D

It was also fun to hear the tactical discussions between the players, like "no, it is not worth spending a Fate point for that now because...".

Well done!

It was interesting how much of a difference the change in tactics made. Even though I was outclassed, in a striking match I could hold my own. But as soon as the uber-ghoul focused on grappling, it was all over.

There were a few minor rules slips. I forgot to apply the Armour:1 from Inhuman Toughness when I got hit, for example.

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »
We played Episode 4 on Sunday just gone, and will be playing Episode 5 tonight. Our hapless GM forgot to get the recording last time around (though in fairness he was full of cold).

Offline computerking

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Into the Dark
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
We played Episode 4 on Sunday just gone, and will be playing Episode 5 tonight. Our hapless GM forgot to get the recording last time around (though in fairness he was full of cold).
Will someone recap for us, though? Or can you all re-enact the roleplay session?
I'm the ComputerKing, I can Do Anything...
Into the Dark, A Podcast dedicated to Villainy
www.savethevillain.com

PS: %^#@ Orbius. This may or may not be relevant to the discussion, but whatever.

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »
Will someone recap for us, though? Or can you all re-enact the roleplay session?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. It hasn't been lost, he just didn't grab it so he could do the work to upload it. So he'll have double-duty to pull after tonight's session to catch up on the podcasts.

Offline computerking

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Into the Dark
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 03:43:35 PM »
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. It hasn't been lost, he just didn't grab it so he could do the work to upload it. So he'll have double-duty to pull after tonight's session to catch up on the podcasts.
Excellent! Much better to have more episodes than to miss out on something.
www.savethevillain.com

PS: %^#@ Orbius. This may or may not be relevant to the discussion, but whatever.

Offline archmagelite

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2011, 08:34:33 PM »
lol, i wondered what happened. Dont get burned out though on the postings, trying to grind out 6 hrs of recordings in a couple days would be tedious. We want this going for as long as it can  ;D

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2011, 10:59:32 AM »
Episode 5 closed out Know Your Enemy, though ironically we still don't know who was behind the murder of Terrence Valdermann, even if we know who pulled the trigger. We now have one of the two active Knights of the Cross (wielding Amoracchius) riding along with us, and in the down-time between our first and second stories, the two Knights and the half-demon went off adventuring in Egypt. We'll work out the details of what they got up to over the holidays I think.

Offline computerking

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Into the Dark
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
Episode 5 closed out Know Your Enemy, though ironically we still don't know who was behind the murder of Terrence Valdermann, even if we know who pulled the trigger. We now have one of the two active Knights of the Cross (wielding Amoracchius) riding along with us, and in the down-time between our first and second stories, the two Knights and the half-demon went off adventuring in Egypt. We'll work out the details of what they got up to over the holidays I think.

Heh. A good Villain gets away, a Great Villain is never implicated int he first place! I can't wait until you finally find out... 4 stories in the future :).
www.savethevillain.com

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »
Heh. A good Villain gets away, a Great Villain is never implicated int he first place! I can't wait until you finally find out... 4 stories in the future :).

Well, the Black Court Vampire handling the Changeling shooter who committed the murder got away (a mass-Compel of all the PCs resulted in four rushing in to confront him and the wizard who might have been able to prevent his escape hanging back; upshot one vamp turned into gaseous form escaping via the airducts).

The person(s) who hired the BCV in the first place, on the other hand we are still ignorant of, though our WCV Oriana has set her entire organisation to digging up more. We'll see what, if anything, that turns up in the New Year when we start story 2.

EDIT: Oh, and the name of story two was revealed, Die Another Day.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:14:13 PM by Kiero »