Author Topic: Looking for some good ideas  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Magickal_Grenadier

• Participant
  • Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    • View Profile
Looking for some good ideas
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
So I've got it insane obsession with anyting to do with Italy so, of course, in my game I'm using the Sicilian Mafia as the Organized Crime influence in my game. I was wondering what kind of ideas might be floating around in your heads that I might be able to use?
My Dresden Files purity rating is 43%

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for some good ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:33:14 PM »
I've got some NPC stats you might be able to use. You interested?

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »
Sure, thanks!

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
Giovanni clan vampires from White Wolf: Vampire the Masquerade. 

Tie a player to another crime family or organization, much conflict and intrigue here.

Offline Blackblade

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 06:13:37 AM »
Based off of their official language, the White Court appear to have originated in the Tuscany region of Italy, and a number of houses likely have their fingers woven all throughout the peninsula.  I could certainly see some of them running/having connections with the mafia.  Also, the fey seem like they would do well in an organized crime environment, if that's what you're going for.

Alternatively, there's probably a bunch of old Roman stuff (and associated myths) lying around that could be used. 

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
Alternatively, there's probably a bunch of old Roman stuff (and associated myths) lying around that could be used. 

Well I already have my players planned to meet at least one Roman goddess. My game is set in Louisville, Kentucky. I was doing some research on the city and I found out that UofL (University of Louisville) uses the image of Minerva, the Roman Goddess of wisdom. I've been formulating a plot line surrounding that. Maybe a legion of Roman Centurians raised to do the bidding of a crazed Ectomancer?

LUNGA VITA ALL'IMPERO ROMANO!!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »
You're very welcome.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »
I noticed the Ranger stats and I got all excited. Now I'm planning some LOTR tie-in stuff. Maybe something in the shadier side of Faerie?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 07:08:09 PM »
Sure. What exactly did you have in mind?

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »

Long before Sicily fell under Roman influence, it was Greek and Phoenician/Carthaginian. Those were the major power colonists, there's plenty to draw on from both of those.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
Sure. What exactly did you have in mind?

I'm not quite sure yet. I've been hitting a block everytime I try to come up with new plotlines to play out.
 I do have a lighthearted, at first, mini-plot planned out. I have a neighborhood named Translyvania Beach and I was considering someting witht he Evernight LARP. Of course, a Ley Line runs right under the area.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »
I meant about the shady faerie.

Offline Anher

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »
I'm not quite sure yet. I've been hitting a block everytime I try to come up with new plotlines to play out.

I generally have this issue and one of the best solutions I've found is to look at what the players grabbed onto and followed the most, even if I hadn't put any importance on that bit. I make note of those and then figure out how those elements can be made to have the importance the players thought they did. This forces me to come up with some overarching plots that I know the players are invested in.