Author Topic: Black Court Vampires Query  (Read 1301 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Black Court Vampires Query
« on: October 05, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »
Black Court Vampires have Living Dead and Blood Drinker, living dead prohibits the recovery of physical consequences and blood drinker which with the taste of dead gives a free recovery period, so would a black court vampire recover some physical consequences after killing (vampire fiction seems to suggest yes but the powers seem to suggest no). Also do people know if there is any time restrictions with fixing (with duct tape and thread) a corpse body or can it be done instantly say with an appropriate spell or ability.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:27:45 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline AM_Kylearan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Black Court Vampires Query
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »
I had the same issue with BCV's in my campaign.  I decided that if they drain someone (kill, per blood drinker), that that counts as "supernatural assistance" for recovery purposes.  This results in them having a recovery scene, meaning stress is reset, minor consequences removed, recovery begun on more serious consequences.

Just my thoughts on the process.

Offline zcthu3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:35:09 AM »
That's what I decided as well. Black Court Vamps heal after feeding.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 04:19:03 PM »
Of course sufficiently powerful magic can fix up a corpse instantly.  All you have to do is define 'sufficiently powerful'.  Manually applying duct tape, thread, and the like, will obviously take rather more time.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline ARedthorn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 02:53:19 AM »
I can only assume that it was an oversight or assumption on part of the game writers that Blood Drinker over-ruled Living Dead, or that what they meant to write in Living Dead was to prohibit natural recovery