Author Topic: Tattoo's for a ghoul?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Tattoo's for a ghoul?
« on: September 28, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
Assuming the existence of a ghoul pc would it be reasonable to allow them to take tattoo's of st giles? Obviously the enchantment would have had to be different than the standard version, but it could provide the same system effects.

The order is home to the freaks and oddities and a non-monstrous ghoul would seem to fit the description.

If my reasoning seems off could you suggest a reasonable one or two point power to provide extra hunger boxes and bonus to discipline defense rolls.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Tattoo's for a ghoul?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
Seems to me that a ghoul's hunger isn't necessarily like the RCI's. An RCI is tempted to drink blood, but doesn't need it to survive, however ghouls eat meat to live. So it's kinda like asking if the tattoos of saint giles would work on a mortal's hunger for food.

You could very easily do a PC (or "nice") ghoul by simply giving him a reason to play nice with others (and an easy source of fresh meat).

Offline The Mighty Buzzard

• Posty McPostington
  • Unemployed in Greenland
    • View Profile
Re: Tattoo's for a ghoul?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »
Something similar would be fine, though I wouldn't go with tattoos since they wouldn't necessarily be visible in Human Guise.  Ghouls need to feed only every so often but their hunger can be mechanically like a RCI's since they're notorious for lacking self control about feeding at inappropriate times.
Violence is like duct tape.  If it doesn't solve the problem, you didn't use enough.

My web based NPC formatter, output suitable for copy/paste to boards and wiki, can be found here.