Author Topic: Outsiders....  (Read 908 times)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Outsiders....
« on: September 03, 2011, 02:14:54 AM »
Wind-Shriek Talons

Among the weakest of all Outsiders, wind-shriek talons are mere slaves to the greater beings of the Outside - and also to sorcerers and warlocks willing to break the Seventh Law.

Wind-shriek talons are nearly invisible; if seen, they are semi-distinct or indistinct clouds in which a grasping claw or ripping mouth sometimes takes form. They love to tear prey apart, and heard clearly, even their voice can wound or kill. They are also hard to harm in any lasting manner, as attacks pass through their misty bodies, which simply reform. Wounds dealt by a wind-shriek talon's claws and fangs do not heal, instead emitting pale mist which weakens the victim until he perishes, dissolving into mist himself.

High Concept: Outsider Minion

Skills:

Great (+4): Fists, Weapons
Good (+3): Awareness, Endurance
Fair (+2): Athletics, Intimidation
Average (+1): Might, Survival

Powers:
Claws (Venomous) [-3]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
Supernatural Recovery [-4]
    The Catch [+2]: "holy stuff" and anything that can act directly on their windy form, like air evocation; also, "Outsiderbane" magic
Breath Weapon [-2] (Killing Shriek)
Near-Invisibility [-?]: Wind-shriek talons are permanently mostly invisible, as if constantly veiled. Even in broad daylight, spotting one is Good difficulty, rising to Great or Superb in bad light. This also adds +1 to all their dodge attempts.

Total Refresh Cost: -12 or -13?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Outsiders....
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 03:49:49 AM »
Looks good. Interesting concept, functional stats, good.

I'd say -2 to -3 for the custom power. It reminds me of a power devonapple and I worked on a while ago, which IIRC gave a 4-shift constant block against attacks and perception alike for 3 refresh.

Is this guy your own invention or an adaptation from other media?

PS: I think that "Awareness" should be "Alertness".