Author Topic: Edumacation And Enlearnment  (Read 150603 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Edumacation And Enlearnment
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2013, 06:35:35 AM »
Well, I only have it because we had a H. Giger weekend and I liked it so much that I decided to keep it all the week. But my usual avatar is way cuter, the silly Lilah of Control-Alt-Del
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline DoTArchon

• Posty McPostington
  • Lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2013, 06:42:31 AM »
I have finally, at the age of 30, started a fire under my ass and began studying part-time. I've finished my first module and a small side course that's necessary for my next module, everything looking good so far, have yet to drop under 85%. I'm on my way to becoming one of the worlds most boring people: An Accountant!

Offline Carnifex:Pacifex

• Participant
  • Phobophage, Silicomancer, Hemomancer,and Christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2013, 06:48:07 AM »
A Giger weekend? was that the whole community here or...? Kinda sad i missed out.

An accountant you say? Godspeed to you sir...
Its time for a harvest...

"Pride is a spiritual cancer: it eats up the very possibility of love, or contentment, or even common sense."-C.S. Lewis

"All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »
Here in the forums we sometimes do "theme weekends" but it's mostly the Weird regulars who do that. This time not so many of us changed-
DoT, I have to admit I dislike the account related things, but I respect people who can do that. All the best for you, DoT!
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, with a minor in Philosophy.  Now I have my full Professional Engineer credential (think the Bar Exam or your medical license, only for engineers) and am a practicing engineer in the field of Industrial Instrumentation and Control Systems. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2013, 08:51:18 PM »
Here in the forums we sometimes do "theme weekends" but it's mostly the Weird regulars who do that. This time not so many of us changed-
DoT, I have to admit I dislike the account related things, but I respect people who can do that. All the best for you, DoT!

I also, sporadically come here, and i have to Admit that a "Weird" is a new term to me, what exactly does it mean?

"Pride is a spiritual cancer: it eats up the very possibility of love, or contentment, or even common sense."-C.S. Lewis

"All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2013, 08:55:13 PM »
Hiya CP
Weird is a thread where most anything, (Save TT topics) can be talked about.
And goofyness may ensue and often does.
No particular structure to it.
It isn't dedicated to one of JBs series or what JB is up to.
Nor is it the Writing section.
(TT = Touchy Topics.  Certain topics we stay clear of - Politics, religion except in JBs stories, sex as the site
is PG-13, other stuff that might bring on a firestorm.)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2013, 08:57:58 PM »
Yes, I remember having talked with you before, I thought it has been in Weird.
Well, "Weird" is a thread in the "Bar" section, which is renewed every week. It's where many of us spend the time chatting about all sort sort of things. You are welcome there!
And, in case you want to have more info, check this thread: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36876.0.html

PS; Snowleopard was faster than me  :D
Missing you, Md 

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »
Hiya CP
Weird is a thread where most anything, (Save TT topics) can be talked about.
And goofyness may ensue and often does.
No particular structure to it.
It isn't dedicated to one of JBs series or what JB is up to.
Nor is it the Writing section.
(TT = Touchy Topics.  Certain topics we stay clear of - Politics, religion except in JBs stories, sex as the site

Gotcha, many thanks ^_^

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2013, 09:00:43 PM »
You're welcome.
And welcome to the Forum. :D

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
Hiya CP
Whether Han shot first, Whether Names count in Scrabble, whether or not you are supposed to pronounce the T in "Often"  :P

(not really, though all the Do's and Donts can be found in the Policies sub-board)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »
Whether Han shot first, Whether Names count in Scrabble, whether or not you are supposed to pronounce the T in "Often"  :P

(not really, though all the Do's and Donts can be found in the Policies sub-board)

Pretty much what keeps this place from becoming an argument riddled forum place like most other places? yeah, its also probably why i like this community so much as well.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
You're welcome.
And welcome to the Forum. :D
Many thanks,
im not exactly bran new, technically, but I just have times in life when I get so busy I end up forgetting My own account here ^_^

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #373 on: June 13, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »
You're probably the first centipede fan I've run across.  They're weird but cool little critters.  My background is wildlife biology but I have a soft spot for the creepy crawlies.  (I love spiders).

I read "Do's and Donuts" for some reason.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2013, 01:46:31 AM »
Aye, I just find a certain, unappreciated beauty to them that I really enjoy. them, and scorpions as well