Author Topic: Tapatalk & Mobile Access  (Read 2191 times)

Offline derrick

• Conversationalist
  • Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
    • View Profile
Tapatalk & Mobile Access
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:23:27 AM »
Are there any plans to enable mobile access to the boards via Tapatalk or a mobile friendly interface?
WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm, esoteric verbiage, nonstandard formatting, disjointed thoughts, and/or inappropriate remarks about goldfish.

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Tapatalk & Mobile Access
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 03:09:40 AM »
I think that tapatalk or mobile interfaces should develop their own ways of accessing information rather than not doing it and expecting everyone else to spend the time and effort so they can make money.

But then again, I'm one of those programmers that's a bit of an ogre when it comes to working for free so someone else can get a hot tub.
//Sings
"If you've been messaged to ignore me clap your hands!"
:)

knnn said "All must now bow in presence of your Dresden-Fu."

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 12:27:01 AM »
That sounded kinda Harsh - sorry.

I mean to say that as a person who works with data and stuff, it's very hard to cater to everyone, especially when they don't design their stuff to be easily insertable.
//Sings

Offline derrick

• Conversationalist
  • Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:30:33 AM »
That sounded kinda Harsh - sorry.

I mean to say that as a person who works with data and stuff, it's very hard to cater to everyone, especially when they don't design their stuff to be easily insertable.

No harm, no foul.

FWIW, I've played around with wap, wap2, and imode on the forum.  Looking around, there is a Tapatalk mod that's available, as well as a mod/theme combination that automagically switches to an iPhone theme.  The former would require a paid mobile app to post (not to view) and latter apparently uses a third-party server to check for mobile devices, which probably makes it a less attractive option.

OTOH, an official mobile-friendly theme will apparently be in the works soon, so sayeth a dev.

IANAFA: I am not a forum admin.
WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm, esoteric verbiage, nonstandard formatting, disjointed thoughts, and/or inappropriate remarks about goldfish.

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
Thank you for understanding.
//Sings