Author Topic: Smilies  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Smilies
« on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:02 AM »
I can't understand what is happening with the smilies. When the site changed, my smilies remained the same in Chrome and FF, but not with IE9 and Safari. Now, in my laptop (chrome) one of my smilies is "new". And in my desktop (chrome too) more and more smilies I becoming "new" every day. Can I do something for saving them? I liked the old smilies a lit better! I don't want to loose them.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Smilies
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »
You're probably looking at a gradually expiring cache. The old smilies went away with the upgrade, but your browser may not have gone "looking" for them right away, and so used the older ones.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:25:11 PM »
Thanks for take the time for answer, Iago. I had never heard of gradual disappearing cachés. *sigh* I will miss my smilies. At least here at work they will endure a little more. ;D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 06:35:37 PM »
I want to steal the YIM Big Cheesy Grin:
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:03:22 PM »
I like this one.

"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 07:24:40 AM »
You would. ::)