Linked Events

• BittenByBooks.com Q&A: August 08, 2011

Author Topic: BittenByBooks.com Q&A on Monday, August 8th!  (Read 9830 times)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
BittenByBooks.com Q&A on Monday, August 8th!
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »
Missed the signing tour?  BittenByBooks.com is hosting a special online Q&A event Monday, August 8th!  Come by between noon and 6pm Central and ask Jim questions on the Bitten By Books blog, and he'll do his best to answer them.  They'll also be giving away copies of Ghost Story to three lucky fans!

Get all the details here.  Don't forget to RSVP, if you want to be included in the contest!

Edit:  The Q&A is LIVE!  Participate here.  If you have issues accessing the page, try Chrome.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:50:28 PM by Priscellie »

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: BittenByBooks.com Q&A on Monday, August 8th!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »
Yay, I had talked to the people over at BBB a lil over a month ago and they had said that they hadn't heard back on this yet.  I'm so glad that Jim is doing this again, it will be my first. 

Priscellie, I mentioned earlier how I would like to perform an acknowledged "official" function for this. 

I'd love to answer questions like "do you play the RPG" and have people know that Jim mentioned that I am just repeating things he has said in the past as answers to his questions.

I.E.  For that one, since I don't have an excerpt for it in the "compilation" I wouldn't say I was quoting I'd say...

Jim has said several times in the past that he doesn't play the RPG because if he were a player he would be a GM's nightmare, if they dissagreed on how something in the game works Jim would be like "Yes it works that way!  And if necessary, I'll write it that way in the next book."  And Jim won't GM a game because well.... that's just too much like work.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »
It's better overall if Jim actually answers the questions (well, the ones he chooses to answer). That's kinda why people are there in the first place. Plus, Jim's been known to throw a curveball now and then even on the standard questions, and I know *I* don't wanna miss that! :)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 04:28:49 PM »
Look forward to this :) (In my opinion, these bitten by Books Q&A gets the most interesting answers :) ) also, I like I can be where it happens for once, due to USA is a bit far away from sweden :P
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
Ooooh ok, have to figure out what time that is then. almost 10am Mon here, almost 5 am Sun there sooo...I'm 5 hours ahead the next day . So monday noon there will be tuesday 5pm here>?? I think? gah time conversions confuse me.

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 10:45:58 PM »
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ <--link from the bittenbybooks site, and they said they were in the Chicago timezone.
hope that helps :)
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 11:12:22 PM »
That's how I calculated it :)

Offline Fannan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 02:34:01 AM »
I just RSVP'd and I am #100! Nice crowd, no? Looking forward to visiting tomorrow.

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 03:41:33 AM »
Hmm should I rsvp? it's only to enter the competition isn't it?

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »
The Q&A has started. It looks like you just post your question in the comment field at the bottom of the page, along with your first name, last initial, and your country. BBB requests that you only ask three questions today, though I'm not sure what will happen if you ask more than that. (And I'm sorely tempted to find out, but it would probably be rude. Tarnation.)
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »
There is one other question that I feel is vital to our collective knowledge going into Cold Days. Since I've used up my questions, I cannot ask it myself. If anyone is looking for a question to ask at the Q&A, here it is:

Is it possible for Harry to deliver some pizza to the Mothers? They kinda seem like they're stuck in that cottage. They may never have even tried pizza before. And as the Pizza Lord, isn't it sort of Harry's responsibility to make the offer?
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
I opened the site in Firefox and in Google Chrome and I still can't see all the replies. Any suggestion on what to do?
Refreshing the page doesn't help :(
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline dagaetch

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »
So it's a slow day at work, therefore I'm keeping a running document of Jim's answers on the blog. Will post in a new thread when it's finished.  ;)
If the building's on fire, it probably is my fault.

Quote from: AcornArmy
We are now debating the possible alternate-universe implications of a frozen turkey in freefall. I can't decide if I love the forum for this, or if we all need serious, immediate therapy of some kind.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »
So it's a slow day at work, therefore I'm keeping a running document of Jim's answers on the blog. Will post in a new thread when it's finished.  ;)

Thank you very much :D
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 06:40:25 PM »
It's better overall if Jim actually answers the questions (well, the ones he chooses to answer). That's kinda why people are there in the first place. Plus, Jim's been known to throw a curveball now and then even on the standard questions, and I know *I* don't wanna miss that! :)

*itches to answer*

one of the first books that brought me to the dresden files was small favor. my question is will we be seeing any of the denarians make a return.

with quotes from recent signings.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*