Author Topic: The truth about Fitz  (Read 59100 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Umm ok maybe waaay off, but could Fitz in someway be Bob's son. Here me out, in GS Bob's "Human form" has gold-brown eyes, what if when Harry once let Bob out he ahh went along for a ride with someone, hey he apparently started an orgy once. Then if a baby resulted, would that kid be more prone to the spirit world, I don't know be able to hear it?

Then again the dark skin of Fitz fits more in line with Tera

it could work I guess.  The red hair bronze skin, and brown eyes seems to be more of a cluebat for the Tera/MacFinn combo, but good catch.  I like it much better than the Lea alternative theory.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Yeah, agree the Tera/MacFinn fits way better.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Umm ok maybe waaay off, but could Fitz in someway be Bob's son. Here me out, in GS Bob's "Human form" has gold-brown eyes, what if when Harry once let Bob out he ahh went along for a ride with someone, hey he apparently started an orgy once. Then if a baby resulted, would that kid be more prone to the spirit world, I don't know be able to hear it?

"He [Bob] looked . . . quite ordinary, really. Tall, but not outrageously so; slender without being rail thin. He had decent shoulders and looked sort of familiar. He was dressed like James Dean—jeans, a white shirt, a leather biker’s jacket."  I wonder who Bob looks like, why he looks familiar.  Or is it tied in with the following:
“There’s the Bob I know and love,” I said. “Love, ick,” he replied. “And I am and I’m not. I mean, you get that I change based on who possesses the skull, right?” “Sure,” I said. “So I’m a lot like I was with you, even though I’m with Butters, because he met me back then. First impression and whatnot, highly important.”  Perhaps Bob's appearance is the amalgamation of past and present owners.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:50:42 AM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Well yeah, but Jim does use tags for peopleand if he wanted to give a subtle hint about biologcal relationships, those physical tags could be used, any way, Bob had golden-orange lights in his eyes sockets, and two similar tags used in the same book.

But yeah, bob's a spirit and his chosen appearance is probably affected just as much as his personality by the people who hold him.

Offline ImpishMortal

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Ebon Gryphon Games
Based on what we've been given so far, I believe that the Tara + MacFinn = Fitz theory seems to be the most plausible at this point. Consider this though:
a) We don't know how they met,
b) nor if they were together in order to pass the curse off onto a magical offspring.
For all we know, this was intentional on their part in an effort to stem the power of the curse, or perhaps it was do to the mechinations of one of the bigger powers at work.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:15:00 PM by ImpishMortal »

Offline FFguy

• Conversationalist
  • There is no logic in my rants.
    • View Profile
You'll have to forgive me I didn't read all the comments so I hope I am not repeating something.

Serack, some questions for you if you can answer them.

Do you think Fitz will be able to control the change (or be trained to control it) or have his human consciousness afterward? 
Does he have a soul or some mixed hybrid of one?
Would this explain why he was able to hear Harry?

The Scary Truth about Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris may be able to round house kick you to death but only after he gets permission from Mister.  Just think about that.  Chuck Norris the most powerful being ever known needs to get the okay from a cat.  Beware the cat.  Fear the cat.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
I don't buy this one; ever-virgin is a core attribute for Valkyries.
Not if you believe Gard in Heoroth. But I see nothing of Gard in Fitz description.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline ImpishMortal

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Ebon Gryphon Games
You'll have to forgive me I didn't read all the comments so I hope I am not repeating something.

Do you think Fitz will be able to control the change (or be trained to control it) or have his human consciousness afterward? 

Sure, I'm not Serack. But I think I can address some of your questions.
Wolves are all over mythology for several cultures -  sometimes good, sometimes evil. In many cases, especially that of Native American lore, they are somehow linked to the supernatural. Based on Jim's use of mythology and folklorem I think Fitz's ability to perceive things beyond the natural world could be attributed to his wolf heritage (should he turn out to be Tera's son).

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
I  choose to believe that any supernatural being that implies something rather than stating it outright is covering for not directly stating it.

The more obvious the implication, the more I believe this.  Because you can't go around sticking "legend has it" before every time you might possibly want an ambiguity.
lol, I think there are clinical terms for that.  Maybe even medications  ;)
In seriousness though, the other explanation is that they talk like real, normal people and not like they are on a witness stand where every syllable is going to be dissected for hidden meaning and binding literalism.  We tend to dissect a bit too much, due mostly to an everpresent gnawing addiction that no amount of text seems able to satisfy, but the characters don't no that.  With supernatural beings like the Sidhe, who are bound to tell no direct lie, but famous for twisting around it, I might agree with you.  But not every character, supernatural or otherwise, is that focused on it.   :)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
"He [Bob] looked . . . quite ordinary, really. Tall, but not outrageously so; slender without being rail thin. He had decent shoulders and looked sort of familiar. He was dressed like James Dean—jeans, a white shirt, a leather biker’s jacket."  I wonder who Bob looks like, why he looks familiar.  Or is it tied in with the following:
“There’s the Bob I know and love,” I said. “Love, ick,” he replied. “And I am and I’m not. I mean, you get that I change based on who possesses the skull, right?” “Sure,” I said. “So I’m a lot like I was with you, even though I’m with Butters, because he met me back then. First impression and whatnot, highly important.”  Perhaps Bob's appearance is the amalgamation of past and present owners.

In other part Harry said he looked like Butters, so I guess the familiarity comes from there. I don't think Bob can have children.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile

I can only answer with my impressions.  Until I hear Jim say something at least.

I've already put some thought into this one, and I think that might be quite likely, although knowing how Jim treats Harry, he's going to get smacked around a bit before that can happen.

*raises eyebrows*  That is a good question...  Hmmm...  The closest thing to a scion we have seen soulgazed is Thomas I think, and that doesn't give us much of a precident imo...  I'd love to ask Jim, "If Fritz has his mother's eyes, can he be soulgazed?"  Maybe it should be "Can a scion of a wolf and a Loup Garou be soulgazed?"

Edit:  I'm pretty sure Harry has stated a few times how he wasn't worried about soulgazing a fae, and I think he made similar comments about the rampires... What other beings can he not soulgaze with?

I'm using this as part of my argument for explaining his parentage, so yah I think that is very likely.  Stuart did say that 1 in 10 dogs can sense spirits.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:35:04 PM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Not if you believe Gard in Heoroth.

I believe if Gard had meant to deny that outright she'd have denied it outright, and coy implications are not an outright denial.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline ImpishMortal

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Ebon Gryphon Games
I'm using this as part of my argument for explaining his parentage, so yah I think that is very likely.  Stuart did say that 1 in 10 dogs can sense spirits.

But nothing of wolves, eh?  ;)

Methinks all of them can sense spirits.

Offline Bones

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I believe if Gard had meant to deny that outright she'd have denied it outright, and coy implications are not an outright denial.

But they're so much more interesting to read.  :)

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
In seriousness though, the other explanation is that they talk like real, normal people and not like they are on a witness stand where every syllable is going to be dissected for hidden meaning and binding literalism.

If you want to think centuries-old nonhuman beings are "like real normal people", then you seem to me to be open to be played.  The vampires, the Faerie, the angels, everybody takes advantage of Harry making that assumption left right and centre.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.