Author Topic: Any artists for free or hire?  (Read 2100 times)

Offline blgarver

• Conversationalist
  • There are three things all wise men fear...
    • View Profile
    • Video Samples
Any artists for free or hire?
« on: April 20, 2007, 03:15:03 PM »
Hey guys.  I noticed a few members were pretty good at illustrating.  For a while I've been trying to find someone to work up some drawings of characters in my novels.  I never really pursued it because I hadn't anything finished.

However, now that I'm almost done with my first novel, I'd like to have some sketches or full color drawings of some characters/scenes from the book.  I noticed the unicorn scene that RobertHand did, and I thought it was cool. 

I was wondering if there were any artists that could do some work off of an exerpt from the novel.  It'd be great if it was volunteer work, but I'd also be willing to pay for the pieces.  Mainly I'd like them just for myself to have, but if the book gets published I think it would be cool to have a few sketches or drawings in there as well, if they would allow it.  But that's far down the road still.

Anyway, are there any interested artists?  I don't really have any certain style in mind, but I like the Todd McFarlane style and the gritty b/w graphic novel style.  Some anime is cool too. 
I'm a videographer by trade.  Check out my work if you're a writer that needs to procrastinate.  Not as good as Rhett and Link, but I do what I can.
http://vimeo.com/user1855060/videos

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Any artists for free or hire?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:57:55 PM »
PM me with descriptions and I will try to get some stuff together for you.
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.

Offline eviladam

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Any artists for free or hire?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:33:48 AM »
If nothing works out with any of the members here you could try digitalwebbing.com

There's a help wanted section there. Lots of comic style artists, writers, colorists, ect check the board on a daily basis. Most of them are willing to work on the basis of being paid when you actually sell the work.