Author Topic: New Board?  (Read 25945 times)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
Re: New Board?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »
I don't mind the change. The colors seem easier on my eyes, and I can see SOME emoticons have changed, some have not. I have only a couple extremely minor issues.

1) My "search" bar covers part of my avatar pic now that it is on the upper right. Could this be a MacOS thing or is there something I need to adjust?

2) We used the chat ALOT. Any word on its return?

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2011, 11:37:31 PM »
1) I'm using Windows, and it is the same. I don't care anyway, I saw my picture in any post
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2011, 11:39:29 PM »
1) Yep, same here.  Using Firefox, if it is a browser issue...
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2011, 11:40:29 PM »
2) We used the chat ALOT. Any word on its return?

Chat's gone until the folks who supply it can provide a version that installs cleanly with the most recent version of SMF. I don't have any kind of estimate as to when that'll be as it's beyond my control.  :-\
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:42 AM »
The spoiler tag change is probably going to change how we use spoilers on the forums, period. I've already started hoping in the back of my mind that new posts I read won't have spoiler tags in them, because the new version breaks up sentences and paragraphs into new sections of the post, rather than blending into the post fairly seamlessly as the old ones did.

I like the general idea of clickable spoiler tags, because highlighting is too easy to do accidentally, but the new version effectively means that we may as well spoiler tag an entire post if it's going to have spoilers in it, if we want the post to read smoothly.

Otherwise, I kinda like the new format. It seems to be quicker with loading pages, for one thing. Though I'll probably miss the old cyan color scheme for a while.
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline stormshadow

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:38 AM »
It's going to take some getting used to.
I think I just realized something though.. did we all lose out "Logged in for" timers?

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 12:43:14 AM »
Looks like "ignore" went offline.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 12:47:26 AM by El Diablo »
//Sings
"If you've been messaged to ignore me clap your hands!"
:)

knnn said "All must now bow in presence of your Dresden-Fu."

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 12:54:58 AM »
It's going to take some getting used to.
I think I just realized something though.. did we all lose out "Logged in for" timers?

You can find that under "Profile" and then choose "Profile info" then "Show Stats"

You'll get more info than you got before with the main page link.
//Sings

Offline mrkleve

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2011, 02:38:55 AM »
So far I like the new version.

It was a nice surprise once I was able to get in this morning (though I did like the message that came up while the new version was loading!).

A bit of a surprise when I pulled it up this weekend, but I think I like the red better.

DF Purity score 1.0: 63% - Warden
DF Purity score 2.0: 63.5% - Eldest Gruff
                                          Supernatural Power:94.2%

Offline Fannan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2011, 03:21:02 AM »
Nice. Easier to read, and pages are moving faster. I see we have auto correct, as well. That may create some interesting comments.

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 03:35:24 AM »
I personally like the new formats for the most part, makes it softer around the edges and cleans up the look.  However, I miss the stars, don't like the uber-wide quote box even for one line of text (predominantly in sigs), and the font size in the reply box is about double what it was.  But we're (read: iago  :P ) working on that. :)  Nitpicky things in the larger scheme.

Also, loads MUCH faster in Firefox 5 than the old SMF version did.

Offline OZ

• Posty McPostington
  • Great and Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2011, 04:06:16 AM »
and the font size in the reply box is about double what it was.

That was one of the things I liked about the new set up.
How do you know you have a good book?  It's 3am and you think "Just one more chapter!"

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 04:30:03 AM »
*Smiles proudly as I return from the weekend and see a brand new board.  Putting my hands to my chest, fingers lightly touching, then tapping my fingertips to my slightly open lips, gasping softly, eyes tinged with the colors of dewed kissed autumn grass, I breathlessly whisper.*

All for me......I...I really don't know what to say......it's...it's just so......so.........

*a soft gasp slips from between lightly blushed lips as a glistening tear leaves a shimmering trail down my sun-kissed cheek.  The next word deeply accentuated as the breath accompanies it from my pursed lips.*

beautiful..... I'm so humbled, I never in my life thought you'd all do something this extraordinary for someone like me....... "The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" (sally fields speech).  Thank you so much...I love you all too!

*Humbly walks away to check out the new board.*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Koroby

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2011, 04:32:18 AM »
Every thread I open is refusing to load fully.  I get maybe 3 or 4 messages, and then it just sits there waiting to load. :-(

Offline El Diablo

• Posty McPostington
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »
Koroby, the board is loading fine on my comcast account. In fact it's been the best since I've joined.

It might be a problem on your end - so you might want to check that to help Iago out troubleshooting your issue.
//Sings