Author Topic: Making Changes  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Windsaygale

• Participant
    • View Profile
Making Changes
« on: April 19, 2007, 06:54:40 PM »
So a few months ago, I submitted to an editor.  He suggested I make a change to my story. I'm trying to decide if I should.  I know if I ever do get a publisher, I'm going to have to listen to my editor.  However, this is the first person I submitted to, and I'm not sure if I should make a big change now.  Maybe I should send it to a few more editors and see what they think.  Then if they all have the same suggestion, I could try again. 

What do you all think?

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
Re: Making Changes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »
From a practice and theoretical excercise point of view I say attempt to make the change and see how it writes itself out.  You never know, it might come out better/drive the story in  a new direction.  The good news is that someone read it and thought enough of it to make a suggestion * I will assume that this is better than blanket rejection*.

Without specifics *which would let the cat out of the bad unfortunately*, it's hard to give advice on something like that though.

Offline RMatthewWare

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • The wonderful world of bloggery
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »
Unless it goes completely against your morals and what you believe the core of your story to be, make the change.  See what happens.  You can always change it back.

Matt
Harry Potter, Harry Dresden, Dresden Dolls?

Offline Windsaygale

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »
Okay.  Thanks for the advice.  I'll try to make the changes.  I suppose I knew I should, since I thought the editor had a valid point.  I was just being lazy. 

Thanks again!