Author Topic: BCV and RCV wizards using tech?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Drulinda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
BCV and RCV wizards using tech?
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:18:16 AM »
Not sure if this has already been discussed but dose anyone know if BCV or RCV practitioners have trouble with technology? In one DF story ('Last Call' i believe) harry says nonhuman practioners dont have problems with technology but in the story Backup thomas talks about his cell going as soon as he starts using a tracking spell and he's no longer human so im wondering where practitioners from the other two courts would stand on the subject.

Offline Grey Knight

• Seriously?
  • The Snark Knight Rises
    • View Profile
Re: BCV and RCV wizards using tech?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 02:23:07 AM »
Not a gamer, just thought i'd chime in my 2 cents.  Thomas is a Human, he has a soul, he eats, drinks, sleeps, procreates et c.  just like every other human (besides that whole, consuming life energy to keep his demon fed)  so it only makes sense that his magic messes with technology just like every other person that uses magic.  The other two courts do not have souls, and they're drastically different than people, therefore i think it is safe to assume they do not mess with tech like a Wizard, or a Wampire using magic.

GK
No hurling on the shell, dude, OK?  Just waxed it.

Quote from: Chiroptera
You look really badass kissing that puppy, I assure you.

Quote from: Enchantedwater
Stop talking about my assery!

Make the little the little things count...teach dwarves math!

Offline Drulinda

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 02:32:39 AM »
Thats what ive been leaning towards, alteast about the blacks seeing as mavra didnt have trouble living..er unliving with a high tech explosive in her last lair.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 03:11:23 AM »
Here are my two cents:
I don't believe that Jim has been 100% consistent on this issue. 

Um, maybe it was only 1 cent?

Richard

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 03:28:22 AM »
Jim appears to tie unintentional hexing to free will. 

If you have free will, you are (by definition) 'conflicted'* and therefor leak magical power.  On the other hand, if you don't have free will, you are singular of purpose and your magic is focused / doesn't 'leak'.

*Multi-purposed, uncertain, or simply unsure might be better terms. 
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Masurao

• Conversationalist
  • Liberate tetemet ex inferis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
Jim appears to tie unintentional hexing to free will. 

If you have free will, you are (by definition) 'conflicted'* and therefor leak magical power.  On the other hand, if you don't have free will, you are singular of purpose and your magic is focused / doesn't 'leak'.

*Multi-purposed, uncertain, or simply unsure might be better terms. 

I've read this also, simply put: the mortal mind can't put 100% into anything, there's always a speck of doubt, a whisper in the back of your mind going 'this might go wrong, which is why magic causes hexing, especially when emotions run high and you're not even actively casting.