Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 224626 times)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #555 on: April 19, 2012, 05:03:13 AM »
Mab was wrong according to WoJ, that's all it was IIRC.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Scug

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 22, 2012, 03:36:09 AM »
cowl couldnt be kemmler. if he was then he would have already known all about the darkhollow, i mean he came up with it. Regardless even if cowl already knew all about it, kemmler was taken down when he was already trying to do the darkhallow. Cowl was going  to take it for the reason of, its better me then those lunatics.

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 22, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »
Mab's more speaking the truth as she believes it/sees it/shades it than outright "speaking a word that is not true" in the Robert Jordan Aes Sedai sense. But is it possible Mab's breaking the rules here somehow, and outright lying?
(click to show/hide)
This is funny because Robert Jordan probably made the word 'Aes Sedai' from 'Aos Sidhe' (and, yes, I know that 'sidhe' isn't pronounced at all like 'sedai', but if you read it with English phonetics...) He even has a 'Leane Sedai', which may or may not be a coincidence. ;D

Mab's totally not Black Ajah, though. She doesn't have the free will nor the inclination to 'go against the rules'... unless, of course, she gets some good ol' mortal help and a large dose of batshit crazy, like Aurora.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:47 PM »
This is funny because Robert Jordan probably made the word 'Aes Sedai' from 'Aos Sidhe' (and, yes, I know that 'sidhe' isn't pronounced at all like 'sedai', but if you read it with English phonetics...) He even has a 'Leane Sedai', which may or may not be a coincidence. ;D

Mab's totally not Black Ajah, though. She doesn't have the free will nor the inclination to 'go against the rules'... unless, of course, she gets some good ol' mortal help and a large dose of batshit crazy, like Aurora.
Both can be provided by Harry ;D
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Thork

• Conversationalist
  • "I put on my robe and wizard hat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 26, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »

Glad someone gets my jokes =)

Another more random question: do we know if Harry still has the photo of his mother and father at the lincoln memorial, or did they burn up with his apartment?
"Harry Dresden decides this is really all too much work, and wanders off to get himself something to drink. He gets beaten up seventeen times on his way, but saves two orphanages."
----------
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/884/Suvudu-Cage-Match-How-It-REALLY-Went-Down

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 27, 2012, 12:44:00 AM »
Glad someone gets my jokes =)

Another more random question: do we know if Harry still has the photo of his mother and father at the lincoln memorial, or did they burn up with his apartment?

If it was in his apartment, its gone.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline paris7734

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 28, 2012, 07:40:03 AM »
Ummmmm i love u demonreach (thanks for saving harry)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 28, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
Ummmmm i love u demonreach (thanks for saving harry)

Be sure to thank Mab and the Parasite (most likely Lash) as well!

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline LOUiE

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
Be sure to thank Mab and the Parasite (most likely Lash) as well!
And don't forget to tip your waiter.

Offline James Dickson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 02, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
Read Ghost Story again for the 3 time, and the book is still to me the worst one of the D-Files. I felt that Jim rushed the book. I won't go into everything I didn't like, but one that I have to voice/txt, How on this green earth does Harry NOT have a interactive goodbye moment with Micheal or his Brother, all he been through with them two and all he does is look on them. That was cheesy and I feel cheated, those two moments could've made this one of the great ones.

Offline khatre

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 03, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »
I agree they would have been nice moments But..
Micheal did not need to say goodby to Harry. Micheal knows that he will see Harry again .. eventually in heavan. A goodby scene would have been nice but not necessary...
Thomas... Justine (and her friend) had things well in hand. Harry had very little to worry about with Thomas. A goodby scene would have been nice but not necessary.
IMHO the goodby scenes in GS were much more necessary. Molly. Murphy. Little Maggie. Mouse.
Heck. Just look at all the people who were not in the book at all... it was all a matter of priorities and the people who needed it got a goodby scene.  ;)
"You did a bad thing once. It does not make you a monster." "What if it does? What if it does Harry?" "Molly, you are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself." "Are you sure?" "Yes." "You're okay. You aren't a monster. You're gonna be alright, grasshopper."

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #566 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:58 PM »
Thomas... Justine (and her friend) had things well in hand. Harry had very little to worry about with Thomas. A goodby scene would have been nice but not necessary.
And it would've ruined the mood. Thomas would've never forgiven him for it.

That said, yeah. The whole book is a long 'goodbye' sequence for the characters who need it the most--the ones most crushed by his death, who don't have someone else to turn to, who are in denial over it, and wouldn't move on without Dresden's shade being there for closure.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline kalten

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2012, 01:57:52 AM »
Anyone else think that the shadow whispering to harry in the church might have belonged to Nicodemus?

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 08, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »
Anyone else think that the shadow whispering to harry in the church might have belonged to Nicodemus?

You'd have to explain where Lasciel was in Ghost Story then.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline RJRobb2

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:36 AM »
It's a little odd really that Harry could have killed a council warden in a straight up duel come to think of it. HWCB according to bob went in against Harry at that time to start weaponizing him, maybe DuMorne was continuing the process along, or maybe something else had taken DuMorne the way DuMorne took Elaine.

He got the power to defeat Justin from Lea, I believe.