Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 224641 times)

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #510 on: February 11, 2012, 01:27:16 AM »
Plus, why would Lash want Dresden suicidal?
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01:29 AM »
We have confirmation that it was a genuine Fallen Angel, not the shadow of one.
Besides. Lash as the whisperer does not make sense.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #512 on: February 12, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
But the big question with Lasciel is how did she get out of the coin to whammy Harry?
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 12, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
But the big question with Lasciel is how did she get out of the coin to whammy Harry?

Get a new host maybe? Nicodemus was probably desperate for more backup after Small Favour when it was just him and Dierdre.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »
Get a new host maybe? Nicodemus was probably desperate for more backup after Small Favour when it was just him and Dierdre.
Lasciel could talk to Harry in death masks until he closed the circle. It could be that she is able to speak to Harry as soon as Nic breaks whatever wards the church had in place.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #515 on: February 12, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
But IIRC Thorned Namshiel stole the coins for Nic's wife.  Nic didn't get diddly, and I don't think Tessa trusts Lasciel enough to release her.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 12, 2012, 04:02:32 PM »
But IIRC Thorned Namshiel stole the coins for Nic's wife.  Nic didn't get diddly, and I don't think Tessa trusts Lasciel enough to release her.

Lasciel would be in church storage. Nicodemus would have to hit them or one of the church would have to succumb to temptation.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline kalten

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »
i forget wich book its in but they talk about justin being one of the wardens at kemmlers final stand. its also mentioned that he changed after. mabe harry didnt kill him but he took the bob and im sure justin was kemler triing to rebuild his army. by morgana i ment morgana lafae theres and kemler keeps getting brought up over and over hes not dead. if you go over old aurthurian is that the right word legends morgana was a necromancer she brought mordred back. or i could just be crazy

Yeah, I put a theory up about that earlier. I think Kemmler took over DuMorne when he (Kemmler) was killed (again) a la Corpsetaker/Butters. We know from Luccio that strength in magic is relative to the physical body (She is weaker than she was before, and can no longwr make swords).  I think DuMorne was the strongest body available at that moment. Kemmler then found Harry and Elaine, maybe planning to seize one of them. Harry escaped, and either overpowered DuMorne because he was that much stronger, or because he got help from Lea (I think this might have been mentioned in other books that she gave him power in exchange for a favor - I don't have the books handy to look that up). Anyway, I believe that Cowl is Kemmler, resurrected again.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:06 AM »
We know from Luccio that strength in magic is relative to the physical body (She is weaker than she was before, and can no longwr make swords).  I think DuMorne was the strongest body available at that moment.

That's only for those who don't know what they're doing in the body swap, according to WoJ and Lea Corpsetaker was able to keep her full power if she was in a body with even a minor talent (and by WoJ she, and by extension Kemmler, were very good at keeping all their power when swapping bodies). Why would Kemmler lose any of his power inhabiting a full blown Wizard's body?

or because he got help from Lea (I think this might have been mentioned in other books that she gave him power in exchange for a favor - I don't have the books handy to look that up).

He basically got a confidence boost from his deal with Lea.

Anyway, I believe that Cowl is Kemmler, resurrected again.

If Cowl was Kemmler, he would have annihilated Harry and the Alphas whn they first met, not to mention not needing the Word.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline sempi

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
Has anyone considered that Harry's whole ghost experience was an elaborate hallucination?

Offline TruffleShufflen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »
Has anyone considered that Harry's whole ghost experience was an elaborate hallucination?

I think that is very unlikely.
But I guess we will find out in the next book when he has to run into Murphy or Molly.
He died doing the right thing.

Offline sempi

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 07, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »
I think that is very unlikely.
But I guess we will find out in the next book when he has to run into Murphy or Molly.
I ask this because I can see Molly coping badly with his disappearance, but not Murphy, she has seen him do the impossible before and escape death.

Offline TruffleShufflen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 07, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »
I ask this because I can see Molly coping badly with his disappearance, but not Murphy, she has seen him do the impossible before and escape death.

Yes she has but she has never seen him actually die. And she has feelings for him. His death would greatly affect her.
He died doing the right thing.

Offline sempi

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 07, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »
Yes she has but she has never seen him actually die. And she has feelings for him. His death would greatly affect her.
The solution I thought JB would go with was that as Harry went into the water the cold preserved him long enough for his body to recover and this was his mind's way of coping. However being kidnapped by Mab and Demonreach works too.
Just remains to be seen if being the Winter Knight presses the reset button for the Blue Beetle and his old home.
As you say, we will just have to wait. 

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 07, 2012, 11:24:34 PM »

No, we have Woj's that the stuff we saw actually happened.

Rest in peace mdodd.