Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 224626 times)

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #495 on: January 30, 2012, 12:43:55 AM »
theres all these parallel lines drawn between harry and merlin and harry dosnt realy have a nemesis yet.He has enemies but not an actual nemesis.Jim is too much of a comic book fan to not give harry an actual nemesis an arch villain.even if kemmler isnt morgana harry himself said he thought caprio corpus took her whole game plan from her master we havnt seen the last of kemmler and im pretty sure he was demourn but like i said i could be crazy.

He has Cowl, He has Nicodemus and he has He Who Walks Behind to act as his nemeses.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline khatre

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 30, 2012, 12:52:49 AM »
The Merlin may be Harry's personal J. Jonah Jameson.
A really annoying douchebag that never quite passes into the realm of Evil. :P
"You did a bad thing once. It does not make you a monster." "What if it does? What if it does Harry?" "Molly, you are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself." "Are you sure?" "Yes." "You're okay. You aren't a monster. You're gonna be alright, grasshopper."

Offline karlmaier

• Lurker
  • Jacksonian Libertarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 30, 2012, 02:02:25 AM »
I have been reading the series for a long time and I have a few questions that maybe someone here can answer.
Who is Cowl? In DB where he is introduced, it is mentioned that his speech sounds inhuman gurgled like he's talking underwater, does he have gills?
What is the Parasite that is spoken of at the end of Ghost Story, as replacing Harry's heart, which was shot with a high power rifle? Are they speaking about the vines/roots inserted into Harry's veins? Or is there something actually replacing Harry's Heart?
Does Harry have repressed memories? Are these why he has such terrible headaches? Or did someone use black magic to redecorated Harry's mind when he was a youngster, and his mind is fighting it?
I have read that Mab was wounded, and that is why she is so angry. What could wound Mab? Was it the Athame that hurt Harry's godmother? Or was it the attack on Arctis Tor?
Was that Kimmler's Athame?
What evidence is there that Lash is still around, and still inside Harry's head? 
Is the Merlin Black Council? He certainly sucks as a war leader, and Cowl said that the White Council was rotting from within. That seems to indicate that several White Council members, even Senior Council members are Black Council.
What is the prophesy associated with Harry's birth?
What is the history of Demonreach, and who was its previous custodian? And what does Harry custodian there? Are there mops and brooms involved?
In the battle of Chichien Itza in Changes, the Grey Council showed up to fight with Odin, one of the Old Gods. Is Odin one of its members? Who are the other obviously heavy hitters on the Grey Council?
"Everything is better with BACON!!!"

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 30, 2012, 02:14:31 AM »
Who is Cowl?

We don't know, there are theories though.

What is the Parasite that is spoken of at the end of Ghost Story, as replacing Harry's heart, which was shot with a high power rifle? Are they speaking about the vines/roots inserted into Harry's veins? Or is there something actually replacing Harry's Heart?

Most think the Parasite is Lash, the vines are Demonreach's way of feeding Harry. And Harry's heart hasn't been replaced, its been healed.

Does Harry have repressed memories? Are these why he has such terrible headaches?

Consider how many times people have messed with Harry's head or tried to reduce it to mush.

Was that Kimmler's Athame?

No, it was Morgan le fay's Athame.

What evidence is there that Lash is still around, and still inside Harry's head? 

WoJ and possibly her acting as the Parasite.

Who are the other obviously heavy hitters on the Grey Council?

Harry and Ebenezar for starters, we've also apparently been introduced to 6 of the people who showed up at Chichen Itza with grey hoods (excluding Harry, Ebenezar and Vadderung).

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline karlmaier

• Lurker
  • Jacksonian Libertarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 31, 2012, 03:50:01 AM »
Consider how many times people have messed with Harry's head or tried to reduce it to mush.
That seems insufficient to explain the severity of his headaches, when he heals so quickly and completely that broken bone scars disappear in a couple of years. I think instead that the prominence of Harry's headaches in the books, is Jim's way of telling us there is something going on in Harry's head, and I think it's repressed memories like the memory he recalls of the fight with He who walks behind in Ghost Story.
No, it was Morgan le fay's Athame.
The only le fay I remember from the books is Margaret le fay Harry's mother. Where is Morgan le fay mentioned?
WoJ and possibly her acting as the Parasite.
So Jim has stated categorically that it was Lash? That seems unlikely, Bob said she was gone, that the soul Harry had given her was no longer in Harry's head didn't he?
Harry and Ebenezar for starters, we've also apparently been introduced to 6 of the people who showed up at Chichen Itza with grey hoods (excluding Harry, Ebenezar and Vadderung).
I believe I remember Harry stating that 13 (a coven) showed up, so that leaves 5 we don't know, but of the other 6 that we do know, who are they? Injun Joe was supposed to be sick. Martha Liberty? The Gate Keeper? The young wardens had been captured along with Captain Lucio, only Chandler was still free and in hidding, and none of them would I consider a Heavy Hitter anyway. The presence of Vadderung indicates that not all of them are necessarily from the White Council, but I can't think of anyone else we've been introduced to that can fling heavy magic around as they were, except for faeries and with Winter already there would Summer have shown up. So some of the older stronger wardens that apparently hate Harry? Hans the Toymaker was considered strong enough for the Senior Council maybe him? I'm stumped to think of who is on the Grey Council.
"Everything is better with BACON!!!"

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 31, 2012, 04:26:09 AM »
That seems insufficient to explain the severity of his headaches, when he heals so quickly and completely that broken bone scars disappear in a couple of years. I think instead that the prominence of Harry's headaches in the books, is Jim's way of telling us there is something going on in Harry's head, and I think it's repressed memories like the memory he recalls of the fight with He who walks behind in Ghost Story.

Or if you believe Ms Duck its evidence of repeated mental tampering by Mab. Or it could be a side effect of Lash getting fried.

The only le fay I remember from the books is Margaret le fay Harry's mother. Where is Morgan le fay mentioned?

It was confirmed in Word of Jim. (see the entire section of the forums called Word of Jim)

So Jim has stated categorically that it was Lash? That seems unlikely, Bob said she was gone, that the soul Harry had given her was no longer in Harry's head didn't he?

Jim has confirmed that both Lash and Lasciel were in Ghost Story, she's still in Harry's head despite Bob's opinion.

I believe I remember Harry stating that 13 (a coven) showed up, so that leaves 5 we don't know

Twelve of them showed up, Harry was already there.

Hans the Toymaker

It's Klaus the Toymaker.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 10, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »
Ooooh... Here's a thought could the Fallen that whispered to Harry have been a scorned Lasciel?
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 10, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »
Ooooh... Here's a thought could the Fallen that whispered to Harry have been a scorned Lasciel?

That's what a good portion of the forum believes, we know she was in Ghost Story somewhere....

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 10, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »
Ah, I hadn't seen that particular bit being tossed around yet.  I've just recently come back to the boards after forcing myself to refrain for a while.  Otherwise if I'm here the whole time between books I start getting into nuttier and nuttier theories.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 10, 2012, 02:35:21 PM »
Ah, I hadn't seen that particular bit being tossed around yet.  I've just recently come back to the boards after forcing myself to refrain for a while.  Otherwise if I'm here the whole time between books I start getting into nuttier and nuttier theories.

What's wrong with nutty theories? :)

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 10, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »
What's wrong with nutty theories? :)
Heh, I try to keep from spinning down into Ms Duck level theories. :D

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:33 PM »
Heh, I try to keep from spinning down into Ms Duck level theories. :D

She has some theories and her theories make sense and rely on some good observations (the convenient timing of a headache to make Harry forget about using Mouse to find Thomas for one). What's wrong with Ms Duck like theories?

You could be spouting random theories with nothing supporting them, then you'ld be a crackpot.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 10, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »
She has some theories and her theories make sense and rely on some good observations (the convenient timing of a headache to make Harry forget about using Mouse to find Thomas for one). What's wrong with Ms Duck like theories?

You could be spouting random theories with nothing supporting them, then you'ld be a crackpot.
Oh I don't deny her theories are well thought out and possibly quite insightful and in general I am a big fan of our good Ms Duck.  But her theories make my head hurt...  Especially ones like Mab/Molly and the million year itch.

Offline TruffleShufflen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 11, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »

I don't think it's Lasciel per say, but more Lash.
Yes there is a different.
He died doing the right thing.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 11, 2012, 12:20:22 AM »
I don't think it's Lasciel per say, but more Lash.
Yes there is a different.

We have confirmation that it was a genuine Fallen Angel, not the shadow of one.

Rest in peace mdodd.