Author Topic: Feeding Dependency question  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Chris_Fougere

• Participant
    • View Profile
Feeding Dependency question
« on: June 12, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
When it comes time for a vampire to face her hunger, I understand that its a Discipline roll against an attack with a strength equal to the refresh of the powers used.  Is that a rolled attack or simply a difficulty?

Say our WCV uses Inhuman Speed (about the only feeding power she ever uses).  Does she roll her Superb Discipline against a Fair Difficulty or do I roll a Fair attack that she then defends against?

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding Dependency question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »
I've come to understand it as the former (fair difficulty) but I have no idea if that actually represents what should be done.

Offline Ala Alba

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »
I agree with sinker, if only because in a Submerged game, it's more than possible to use eight refresh worth of hunger-related powers in a single scene, and it's bad enough trying to defend against a static eight shift attack without having to worry about it possibly being as much as 12 shifts to beat (impossible without at least +3 in bonuses).

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »

YS p.190
"For example, if you used
Inhuman Strength and Inhuman Toughness
in the scene, that’s a total of 4 refresh, so you’d
be rolling your Discipline to meet or beat a
target of 4."

That suggests a static difficulty. 

@Ala Alba  I've found the opposite.  The Red Court infected in the group has a Discipline of +5 (plus tatoos of st giles).  He doesn't have many powers and rarely needs to even roll.  It's still early on in our game though.