Have Tickets and Room
2 (25%)
Not Going
1 (12.5%)
Will Try To Find A Way
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 12, 2011, 05:09:29 AM

Author Topic: Videos Added From San Diego 2011 Comic Con  (Read 35409 times)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
Re: San Diego 2011 Comic Con
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »
I skipped the panel, but made it to the limited signing.  Didn't get tickets the first time I drew, but when I wandered by the signing, they still had some left, and I got in :)  Also got my copy of GS.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2011, 10:51:34 PM »
Been really busy today, where is the signing lottery?  Upstairs (in central area), or down at a booth?

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:13 PM »
It was in the autograph area at 9 am today.  I only had a Thursday badge, so I didn't pay attention to what's going on the other days.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline CrabbyRat

• Participant
  • I Ron Nickel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2011, 11:48:25 PM »
Jim at the Books vs Graphic Novels & Comics panel at Comic Con today, Thursday July 21.

Love his t-shirt.  S'very Harry.

He told me that Ghost Story was available at the Con now.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:04:33 AM by CrabbyRat »
"I love deadlines.  I love the sound they make when they go whizzing by."  Douglas Adams

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2011, 07:38:24 AM »
Most interesting question was that there was a rumor of a DF movie.  The answer got jumped on by another panelist meandering around how an Author can be the last to know about projects in the works.

Then it was handed over to Jim, who must have mumbled his response, because I missed it.

Jim said, "What have you heard?"

Because there are no plans of a Dresden movie that he is aware of. :D

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
Messed up recording a bit, but really not all that interesting.  Panel was almost entirely on-topic & Jim didn't talk much, maybe 5-6 times.  Most interesting question was that there was a rumor of a DF movie.  The answer got jumped on by another panelist meandering around how an Author can be the last to know about projects in the works.

Then it was handed over to Jim, who must have mumbled his response, because I missed it.

Plan to try for Peguin panel.  Hope Jim makes a showing.

Although this topic was much less likely to provide something jucy, and I totally agree that topic'd pannels should be respected and not derailed with DF fanaticism, I have seen some topiced pannels produce some reeeeealy great WoJ on the DF (specifically the 2008 Comic-Con, Playing God pannel), so one can always hope.  

Oh, and I was also very interested in seeing this because I think I heard it had Sanderson and Rothfuss in it, which would peak my interest even w/o JB, and I think I also heard there would be some other panelists that would be icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:14:10 PM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2011, 12:21:54 PM »
Although this topic was much less likely to provide something jucy, and I totally agree that topic'd pannels should be respected and not derailed with DF fanaticism, I have seen some topiced pannels produce some reeeeealy great WoJ on the DF (specifically the 2008 Comic-Con, Playing God pannel), so one can always hope.  

Oh, and I was also very interested in seeing this because I think I heard it had Sanderson and Rothfuss in it, which would peak my interest even w/o JB, and I think I also heard there would be some other panelists that would be icing on the cake.

I for one am especially sad I wasn't at SDCC; Sanderson, Rothfuss, Connolly, McGuire and Sniegoski are who I need to complete the signatures on my e-reader, to be known as URBAN FANTASY BATTLEDROME - ALL AUTHORS ENTER, NONE LEAVE!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
Were Sanderson and Rothfuss there this year?

I went to Jim's Playing God panel in...  2008?  That was a really good panel.

I skipped the panels yesterday.  Couldn't take another line.
- Marie Curie

Offline King_Corey

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2011, 04:42:54 PM »
I was really hopeful that some nice JB Fan would record the SDCC July 21,2011 panel and post it on YouTube.
 >:(

And please, please, please someone video the Penguin panel.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:46:39 PM by King_Corey »
DV V1.2 YR2 FR(M)1 BK++ RP- JB TH+++ WG++ CL++ SW+ BC+ MC++ SH+++ Elaine

www.kingcorey.com

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
Were Sanderson and Rothfuss there this year?

I went to Jim's Playing God panel in...  2008?  That was a really good panel.

I skipped the panels yesterday.  Couldn't take another line.

Yes, and there's a picture of Rothfuss snuggling with his copy of Ghost Story.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 09:23:26 AM by Shecky »
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2011, 05:41:58 PM »
I know this has nothing to do with the San Diego event, but are there ever any similar events anywhere near Wisconsin?  They look like so much fun, and I love to dress up in costume (have even been gathering stuff for next year...just in case JB is in the area again for another signing. ;D )
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2011, 03:44:29 AM »
Probably nothing the size of SDCC, but there is a Geek.Kon going on in September in WI.  Costumes, gaming, vendors and such at it as well.

http://geekkon.net/

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2011, 04:02:49 AM »
Wow, that's only 1/2 hour away from me, that's too cool, thank you, MX!  would I be able to re-use my TDF costume up there?
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2011, 04:35:23 AM »
I don't see why not.  I'm sure there will be costumes harder to figure out than a character from a best-selling author.  If it is Susan, then a reporter ID would be something simple to make up and show, if you don't already have it :)

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2011, 03:54:50 PM »
*snickers*  The one I made up, actually, is one from Grave Peril and well..that could come from a movie that just came out recently, or from the book Grave Peril, or heck, from a childrens book, so it actually hits several genre's.  I guess I'd be all set, right?